Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.02.2007, 11:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Red face I just got ripped off on Ebay - F**** B**** C****

... so dissapointing man.

The short version....

I won an auction for a V-Synth XT, £670

Told the seller before I paid that I wanted some assurance that I wouldn't get ripped off because he hadn't clocked up any Ebay transcactions.

So he organised a Payment Protection thing via Ebay and I was sent an email for buyer protection, any hassles and you will get a refund no probs kinda thing.

The email was a fucking spoof mail! A very very very convincing spoof email.

Of course when I look back on it all now I realise how my desire for the V-synth screwed with my perception and attention to detail.

Damn... I sold a very good Roland JP8080 to help with this as well.

Just thought to mention it here to help with the anger management and bereavment process.

Sick lousey theivin gypsy bastard skunk assed mutha fucked up pile of putrid slime balls!!!

but anyway, I only have myself to blame really
.... back to saving up, as I really want an XT

Last edited by nvisibl : 02.02.2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03.02.2007, 12:00 AM
Pro
Pro

I feel your pain man, I lost a $1000 trying to buy a Virus C a couple years back. GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr. Fucking Polish piece of shit.
Old 03.02.2007, 12:15 AM
This forum member lives here

man, that is tough.
I remember watching some tv news show about a couple of guys who got ripped off on ebay. It was like $10,000 worth of equipment that they paid for and the seller never shipped. So they tracked down the seller (I forget how) and paid him a visit. Apparently the seller was expecting them, because he invited them into his house, calmly walked into his kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table. When the buyers entered the kitchen they saw the seller just sitting there and there was a gun sitting on the table.

They basically said "you know what, forget it" and walked out.

Don't remember the rest of the story (I do know they never got their money back), but it really pisses me off how some people think it is perfectly acceptable to screw over others.
Old 03.02.2007, 12:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

sorry to hear that gopal
yea doc, bad shit
Old 03.02.2007, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Whoa...so sorry to hear that Doc J. and Invisibl.

Recently, like 2 months ago, I was scammed on eBAY while trying to buy a Mackie Onyx Satellite.

I was sick of my Audiophile 2496/Behringer UB-1204 combo and really wanted a firewire AI with good pres.

So, I find an auction for a Mackie Satellite for $330, the seller had good street cred, 3 years history, over 200 transactions. I paid for the item immediately, it never came.

I was off on vacation for a week, when I returen there is an email for me, from eBAY, stating that I should not converse with the seller of that item via Western Union or other means outside the eBAY network.

I realized...fuck, I've been scammed. They deleted the goddamn auction. The only way I could research it was through PayPal.

Luckily I remembered the name of the seller, AndyKee, but the name of the seller on PayPal's portal was "ChingWanFungPai" or something crazy like that. Apparently, someone hijacked AndyKee's account and listed a bunch of shit, collected the money, cashed it out, and then laughed his ass off.

I reported the item, waited 10 days for PayPal to resolve the case (please note they expect you to try and "work it out" with the seller, which is not possible if the seller is not responsible, and if you cannot contact the seller because they yanked the goddamn auction), and if you wish they (PayPal) will mediate the case for a $25 fee and you must accept their settlement of the case no matter what the outcome. The only way you are protected for $1,000 on any transaction of things you buy is if the seller is PayPal verified AND you paid with a PayPal line of credit. Otherwise, you are at their fucking mercy.

I ended up getting $260 of my $330 back, so no big deal in the big picture of things.

But, last year I bid on a Motif ES6 and lost, only to be enticed by a second chance offer that looked really fucking legit. I got concerned when the bastard asked for my eBAY username and PW to "confirm the transaction" and reported the email.

Luckily, no harm was done, but I changed my eBAY user ID and PW.

It's a nasty little market and thieving shit-eaters like the ones we just dealt with know that audiophiles are willing to take a chance to own top notch gear.

Sorry for your loss, fellas.

Tread carefully!

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 03.02.2007, 01:03 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

I feel 4 you..I have a policy i don't buy from Foreign countries and if anything here in Germany is more than 4-500 euros i will go and pick it up,stay the night in a hotel if it's far away and go out on the town..Hamburg (Great sex shows) was good when i got my Genelecs a couple of years ago..
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 03.02.2007, 01:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Only way Ill buy stuff is face to face in driving range.

Ive got a whole heap of stuff Ill soon be wanting to dump on ebay - but am allmost tempted to take the hit of doing trade ins instead...

Really feel for you.

TBH - I think ebay/paypal between them should provde some kind of insurance policy for this kind of shit - lets face it - they skim enough of all the transactions..
Old 03.02.2007, 01:19 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hopefully you paid by credit card, then claim fraud and do a chargeback. That's sucks ass. Did a BIN once on a Fireface 800, $750, should of not been so stupid. Received a e-mail from another bidder who said he had also, BIN'd a FireFace from the same guy and never received it, asked me some weird questions, I was a little suspicious, told him my bank was a Federal Credit Union(Feds will search the globe to get you if you rip them off), told him I wasn't worried and that my money would be tracked down to whomever's account it went to. Filed a Paypal dispute, and luckily he didn't withdraw from Paypal, so got all but 3% back. All that was in the account. Get ripped off and Paypal charges me for it, fucking figures!
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 03.02.2007, 01:45 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I paid via Western Union, so have lost the money completely.
It really is my own fault for not paying attention.

----

Ebay is so much of a Big Brother system its unreal.
Most all corporate, government and commercial systems will end up like Ebay some day, sooner than later i'm sure.

Last edited by nvisibl : 03.02.2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03.02.2007, 03:19 AM
Pro
Pro

I was also dumb enough to do a Western Union money transver. NEVER AGAIN.