Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.02.2006, 08:58 PM
This forum member lives here

What the fuck are you complaining about???

Not enough marketing of an old product???

No support??? What do you mean no support??? You have some issues mate, and if this shit is all you have to complain about, you need to get some fucking perspective. FFS

Seriously.

$1000 is peanuts to pay for an awesome fucking synth. I spent almost 3 times that on my Virus C, and Im as happy as larry. It is still unclear to me just exactly WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS???

You need to stop worrying about the marketing of a product and start programming you Virus mate. Do something constructive and creative.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 14.02.2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
What the fuck are you complaining about???

Not enough marketing of an old product???

No support??? What do you mean no support??? You have some issues mate, and if this shit is all you have to complain about, you need to get some fucking perspective. FFS

Seriously.

$1000 is peanuts to pay for an awesome fucking synth. I spent almost 3 times that on my Virus C, and Im as happy as larry. It is still unclear to me just exactly WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS???

You need to stop worrying about the marketing of a product and start programming you Virus mate. Do something constructive and creative.
Obviously I pissed off a guy from marketing!!! ( That's who you work for right)? And if you paid 3 times what I paid on a Classic then maybe you should ask yourself "Why did Access get rid of my C" (instead of upgrading the fucking thing) "And are now trying to pound the TI up my ass" ????? I am completely happy with my Virus classic (I have not said once that it is a bad board) (I have not said that Access has shitty customer support) (I have said that they are doing a crappy job marketing the Classic desktop)!!!!!! Also my friend has a Virus C and an original minimoog and personally I think my Nord 2 x (which was based on a prophet) does a better job emulating the mini than the Virus filter does........OK HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE UPSET WITH ME NOW!!!!!!!!
Old 14.02.2006, 09:40 PM
Pro
Pro

Virus Classic is just a renamed Virus B (which is discontinued) and the reason why Access sell it is that there are so many people who want to buy a cheaper/older Virus model, not the flagship model. And it's quite obvious that it won't have any major OS updates because the current os for Virus B works very well and doesn't need updates. And they are already using the dsp of the synth to the maximum. If you take a look at the Virus B's history, you can see that there were lots of os updates and even the reverb wasn't included at first. They added it later among other features. There are still many studios which use Virus B and haven't even upgraded to C because the B is already a very good synth and gives you the classic Virus sound without any compromises.
Old 14.02.2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
There are still many studios which use Virus B and haven't even upgraded to C because the B is already a very good synth and gives you the classic Virus sound without any compromises.
VERY TRUE.
Old 14.02.2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenGirlLust
OK HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE UPSET WITH ME NOW!!!!!!!!
That's the spirit! We haven't seen a hate thread for ages.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 14.02.2006, 11:25 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling
Default Re: Any classic desktop user's think this is bullshit????

Quote:
I was just on Access's website and there is a ton of shit from NAMM and every where else about the Virus TI , but nothing about the Classic desktop (which is also a pretty new product from Access)......I don't know about you , but, I paid a grand for my Virus (Which for a regular working guy like me is a lot of fuckin' money) Sorry I did not throw you another $1,600 but FUCK YOU Access! I am not saying anything against TI user's........it's just this corparate bullshit that pisses me off.........same reason I will never buy a Harley Davidson. SEEYA!!!!!!!!
In some sense I feel you, Being a novice to access products until about a year ago when I began watching the T1 debut, I was imediatley "sold up" into the t1 models thinking that the classic would be a sub par investment......how much of that was due to marketing hype? About 50% I am sure....Sometimes We get so caught up in tech/specs that we forget the great music made using traditional midi in/out into a midi converter and then into the host computer......

I have pulled out a lot of my early astral projection (1995+) cd's latley to remind my self not to get caught up in it......

I am a working guy as well, with kids an a mountaneering gear addiction as well......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 15.02.2006, 07:00 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I don't get it - has there been an official statement saying that there will be no more development of the Classic OS?

Drammy
Old 15.02.2006, 07:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
I don't get it - has there been an official statement saying that there will be no more development of the Classic OS?

Drammy
There was never a statement that there would be.
Old 15.02.2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Obviously I pissed off a guy from marketing!!! ( That's who you work for right)?
Nope. Just a student here, working part time in a small coffee shop

Quote:
And if you paid 3 times what I paid on a Classic then maybe you should ask yourself "Why did Access get rid of my C" (instead of upgrading the fucking thing)
Access didnt get rid of my C, when I bought it (a few years ago now) there were a couple of updates, including the Moog filters. Great stuff by the way.

Quote:
"And are now trying to pound the TI up my ass" ?????
Access arent trying to pound anything up my arse. Im not interested in buying a TI. Therefore the marketing bears no consequence on my life. Even if I did want a TI, I wouldnt let marketing dictate what I bought. Thats what suckers are for (like yourself)

Quote:
I am completely happy with my Virus classic
Good on ya...

Quote:
(I have said that they are doing a crappy job marketing the Classic desktop)!!!!!!
You dont get it, do you... Are SONY still marketing products that are a few years old? NO... they arent. They are marketing their new shit, even though the old shit is available in stores.

Quote:
Also my friend has a Virus C and an original minimoog and personally I think my Nord 2 x (which was based on a prophet) does a better job emulating the mini than the Virus filter does........OK HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE UPSET WITH ME NOW!!!!!!!!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion... Even you.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 15.02.2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
OK HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE UPSET WITH ME NOW!!!!!!!!
That's the spirit! We haven't seen a hate thread for ages.
Mate, you need to get involved! You always sit on the sidelines you pussy! Grow a pair...

(Hows that for HATE )