Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.02.2006, 09:16 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Problem with Virus Ti control and Sync my arp with Cubase ..

Hello,
my arp is not synchronized with Cubase sx 3....!!
In the Virus control my arpeggio the output is USB 1 L+R and the arp is ok and is synchronized with Cubase !
but if change the output with OUTPUT 1 L+R the arp is not synchronized!!
in the normal mode is ok but with the Virus control vst no!

because?
Old 09.02.2006, 09:37 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Problem with Virus Ti control and Sync my arp with Cubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio
Hello,
In the Virus control my arpeggio the output is USB 1 L+R and the arp is ok and is synchronized with Cubase !

because?
Because the Out1L+R is still being delay compensated along with the rest of the TI, which puts it ahead of the beat. Best switch it back to usb outs.
Old 09.02.2006, 09:44 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

thanks Ben........grazie
Old 09.02.2006, 01:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Problem with Virus Ti control and Sync my arp with Cubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio
Hello,

because?
Because the Out1L+R is still being delay compensated along with the rest of the TI, which puts it ahead of the beat. Best switch it back to usb outs.
Hey Ben, given that this happens to everybody and the fact that having analog outs ahead of the beat is kind of pointless, would it be fair to ask for the Access programmers to include an option to keep the analog outs uncompensated in VC mode? It is possible to add a delay outside of the Virus, as I do, but calculating the exact amount every-time, as it often changes, is quite tedious.
Old 09.02.2006, 01:28 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Precisely, surely we shouldn't have to chose between sound quality or timing... not on a ?1,500 synth!

Drammy
Old 09.02.2006, 03:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
Precisely, surely we shouldn't have to chose between sound quality or timing... not on a ?1,500 synth!
Drammy
the USB out do not sound any different to the build in analog outs as long as you use a decent soundcard. just the fact that we use high quality D/A converters in the TI doesn't mean that you have to blame the TI for your soundcard to make a difference in sound.

as for the analog outs and the delay in relation to the USB outs we are aware that it is not an ideal situation. see, the delay in being introduced by the latency of the soundcard, which the virus control cannot compensate. the soundcard publishes it's delay to the sequencer host, but the virus control cannot request this information. there is an easy workaround though: delay all tracks using the analog outs by a certain amount which you need to try out. here right now, it's about 40ms (with the soundcard i'm using). the delay will not change until you, for instance, change the buffer size of the soundcard.

hope that helps,

marc
Old 09.02.2006, 05:44 PM
Am starting to like this forum

can anyone help do what marc is talking about in cubase? how do i find out the delay on my soundcard, and where do i assign the amount to delay all tracks using the analog outs?
Old 10.02.2006, 01:25 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
Drammy
the USB out do not sound any different to the build in analog outs as long as you use a decent soundcard. just the fact that we use high quality D/A converters in the TI doesn't mean that you have to blame the TI for your soundcard to make a difference in sound.

marc
I think Drammy was referring to the USB being poor quality ie 16bit and the analog outs being high quality but out of time ie in front of the beat 40ms. Get it. In fact most of us here with pro soundcards prefer the analog outs of the ti to the USB, don't try and sell us the 16bit sales stuff.
Old 10.02.2006, 01:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnj
can anyone help do what marc is talking about in cubase? how do i find out the delay on my soundcard, and where do i assign the amount to delay all tracks using the analog outs?
marc means to add 40ms or so the the sound from the analog outputs of the TI. I do it inside Cubase with Voxengo Delay on the input channels if I have routed the TI analog outputs to 'preview' inside Cubase on an audio track. OR you can add delay using a dsp mixer like inside Creamware Scope if you are mixing inside there and not in Cubase.
My beef is having to have to do all this and calculate the exact delay to make it all in time, exactly. Total Integration guys, keep working on it, listen to us. We want effortless production, smarter tools. Get smarter.
Old 10.02.2006, 07:54 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

i hope i understand this correctly..

So this is due to the soundcard and the ti being separate soundcards with different buffers in cubase?

So if i was to use the ti for both synth and asio sound (as i intend to do) it would not be an issue?

And doesn't this 40 ms delay workaround result in an extremely sluggish performance when playing the ti live?