Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.02.2006, 01:35 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Why have Access never released a 1-pole version of their own

..filter? (sorry, wouldn't let me fit that all on one line)

...Or indeed any multi-mode versions of their own filter? (Apart from chaining both filters together, which is restrictive and limited in comparison)

Access, Moog aside, your own filter sounds great. A classic. A 1-pole would be devastating (in a good way).

thnx
Old 05.02.2006, 05:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

+1 on that

Also 3 pole on F1 and 1, 3, 4 added to F2

I often want to have a steep filter post distortion/saturation. Currently I hack it with filter 2 and the FX distortion set to LP or HP as appropriate - which is only OK if you dont need key tracking.

If we are talking about abused filters, there is a litttle cheap synth I keep because it has one wonderful sounding feature that I dearly wish worked the same way on the TI - thats my Novation KS-Rack - its filter overdrive control is awesome (along with the other hidden control for taming resonance level rises) - its a proper overdrive in so far as there is a definate threshold above which sounds go into distortion.

If there was a synth feature I would like to see in the TI OS as it evolves then that has to be it along with more filter slope variations in filters 1 & 2.

A similar comment applies to the other distortion fx, I would welcome a much more overdrive type of distortion that starts to kick in as a level threshold is reached, may just a threshold control on the existing distortions.
Old 05.02.2006, 07:53 PM

The Virus filter is definitely one of the nicest filters to have been designed in a long time.....and I dont say that lightly.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 05.02.2006, 11:32 PM

Yup, the Virus filters are fucking amazing! No stepping (C model up), self ocsilation (C model up) and with great options. I would have sold my C ages ago if it weren't for them and the saturation stages.

My guess is TI users will see a new range of filters from Access - lucky bastards.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.02.2006, 11:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
No stepping (C model up)
Erm.. that'd be 'A' model up
Old 06.02.2006, 06:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
My guess is TI users will see a new range of filters from Access - lucky bastards.
Heh

I do hope so, though as everyone says, what we have is really good allready

Allways room for more tho...
Old 06.02.2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
No stepping (C model up)
Erm.. that'd be 'A' model up
Shit, really? I thought it was the C models up that had the parameter smooth option. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy a B. Oh, well, got the 1 pole, so can't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Heh

I do hope so, though as everyone says, what we have is really good allready

Allways room for more tho...
Allways room for more where the Access filters are concerned.

No more room for anymore crappy vocodas though.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 08.02.2006, 10:54 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

love the bandpass !!!!!!

Lowpass is ok, but i wish there was an emulation of the Curtis CEM 3320- The Sequential Circuits Pro One Low Pass is killa. Iv'e never had much interest in the Moog step ladder filter type.

Hi-Pass hrm i think it sux !!! The filter rolls off the top end almost exponentially after 4k when you add more resonance. I want the hi-end to start overloading and breaking up when i add more resonance after 4k. When i add 60% resonance on the 4 pole hi-pass in the E-MU E4 the filter adds a sheetload of bottom end into the sound when the filter is wide open, this narrows a bit when the filter closes, the frequencies above the cutoff are actually boosted a fair bit and the sound starts breaklng up creating the maddest sound on basses.Needs to be heard to be fully understood.

Ive run identical signals thru the Virus and EMU filters into a spectrum analyzer to prove what my ears had already perceived.