Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.04.2005, 10:19 PM
This forum member lives here

Oh and getting back on topic.....anyone heard anymore on release dates for the TI? Or is it all silence.....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 07.04.2005, 10:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
But to answer the original "question", digital micro processors and memory are cheaper than analog LSI chips and altough they cost the same the manufacturer would have to use many times more of those analog chips compared to 1 or 2 DSPs which can calculate everything the synth needs. So Roland makes more money with digital technology than analog. That's true and sad.
thats true but roland (i assume) still have all the schematics. they know exactly how its built they know its physical characteristics. if anyone could physically model a tb-303 - its roland. which is why when they released that software synth in cakewalk kinetic and it sounded like total shit - i was really confused.

and besides. when will roland realise that there is a big market for analog synths and there are plenty of people who are willing already to pay over a grand for a fully working teebee on ebay. seeing as how vintage analog prices have inflated so much in the past 10-15 years, roland could still make a killing off these things even despite the manufacturing costs.

roland is indeed a strange company.
Old 08.04.2005, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Oh and getting back on topic.....anyone heard anymore on release dates for the TI? Or is it all silence.....

DS
not silence - just no real info.
from what we have heard recently it could be months yet....

cheers

blay
Old 08.04.2005, 07:37 AM

Shit really? Im not sure I can wait months. Im thinking 4 weeks is my max now. Come on Access.......let me be a Beta Tester!!!!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 08.04.2005, 07:44 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

i wait 2 more weeks max, then i will cancel my order & look for a second hand VA.
Old 08.04.2005, 08:51 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj2001
i wait 2 more weeks max, then i will cancel my order & look for a second hand VA.
Good choice. It can be that when the TI comes out it will still have problems with the integration compatibility. I am not going to buy a TI at first when it comes out. I want to see does it work or not. It's also so expensive (but worth it) that I will rather wait for a good deal of it for a while. At some point I will buy it if it works like promised.
Old 08.04.2005, 01:47 PM
New here
New here

I'll give it til May 1st, then I'll be frustrated enough to cancel my preorder. Though I'm torn, because after much wheeling and dealing with the local Guitar center I got the TI Keyboard for $2,100.00 US . I think thats a good deal! First thing I do every morning is go to the Access website. It really worries me that they aren't at the NAMM in Germany, or am I wrong about that. That tells me there's a major problem. I hope the company isn't going under, I'm such a Virus fanatic.
Virus Indigo,Virus C desktop,pre-ordered Virus TI keyboard,Elektron Machinedrum,Elektron Monomachine,Korg ER-1,Nord Rack 2x,20inch imac G5,Ableton Live 4,M-audio firewire 410,KRK Rockit 5s,Velodyne SUB,ancient Korg KMX 8 mixer
Old 08.04.2005, 02:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by if-it
It really worries me that they aren't at the NAMM in Germany, or am I wrong about that. That tells me there's a major problem.
Really, this means nothing - they didn't do it last year, either.
Old 08.04.2005, 02:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

ben crosland: There wasnt really any "NEW flagship product from Access last year, so it makes sense that they werent there last year.

However, I was expecting them to be there this year + have a new demo and AT LEAST a fixed release date. Now, we don't even know if it's months or weeks. That sucks bigtime!
Old 08.04.2005, 02:26 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Ben do you have any heads up on what stage of Beta testing they are in, are they coming close to the end of testing or still have quite a while?