Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.12.2004, 09:42 PM
This forum member lives here

i think there are more people speculating about this release than there are on the stock exchange at the moment
Old 21.12.2004, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
that virus TI listed on ebay? well its got 48 bids and its on $750 USD. quite a few from 0 feedback sellers but there looks like a few legit bids on it. man is someone gonna be disappointed when they get sent a box full of air and styrofoam...

item number: 3769838185

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...769838185&rd=1
It's been pulled. If it hadn't, dropping a line to eBay would've sorted it. At least some halfwit didn't have to actually pay for it in the end. Gotta keep your eyes and ears open on sites like ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
From Digital Village UK ...

'Hi Tom,

last news we heard was that the ETA has slipped over to January

Chris - digital village'
Digital Village have to firstly buy and ship their Virus' from Turnkey. Turnkey have complete monopoly of Virus' in the UK. Turnkey then sub-contract Viruses to other retailers, meaning that the secondary retailers wont make that much money on them so won't drop the prices. Hence customers will either get their Viruses from Turnkey, or if they get it from Digital Village, a wad of it will already have been payed to Turnkey via Digital Village's sub-contract.

I reckon manufacturers should sell to customers directly via their website or the like, like Elektron (of SID Station, MachineDrum, MonoMachine fame) did, and cut out the several chains of middle-men. Access would get a better cut, we'd probably get a better deal, everyone would be happy.
Old 22.12.2004, 01:18 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yea, I thought that was the way of things.

Though, I would NEVER buy anything from turnkey. I hear nothing but scare stories about how shit they are and especially customer service and returns. I would of bought it from them if it wasnt for this reputation they have. I would hate to have something wrong with my TI and have to deal with them to get it sorted. Digital village have been outstanding to me on every purchase.

ten
Old 22.12.2004, 11:57 AM

Ten.......dont get me started on Turnkey and their customer service/returns policies.

I litrally got through 5 Virus KC's in the space of 13 months with them. To say it tarnished the magic of owning a Virus is an understatement.

I dont like Turnkey for a number of reasons. First off....you phone them and as soon as you do they play the hard sell game. You cant enquire about anything....without having severe pressure placed on you to commit. Ive even had them tell me how to organise my fucking finances so that I could buy the Virus|Ti. The sales guy suggested to me that I get my parents to buy it as an early xmas present.....to quote him 'thats what I'd get my parents to do'....yeah like shit m8.

Ok, so once youve overcome the hard sell.....what else happens. Well, your likely to get fucked around on delivery times. Sadly my name isnt Neil Tennant...and when I buy things....I get sidelined (along with everyone else). Hmmm so what does this mean? Well.....if Turnkey tell you that there gonna deliver on a Wednesday by 2pm....dont hold your breath. I had several instances when they told me it would be delivered on a Monday....and it didnt turn up till the Friday. Now this is just not on....because I had to take days off work....and when your at home waiting for a delivery its just not fun is it. Yourt constantly listening out for the van...you cant relax.....you cant even take a shit in fear you might miss the delivery and delay things further.

Ok wow....so youve got your beloved instrument at last......oh...but its fucked in some way. Ah thats Turnkey for ya! They really know how to store their goods.....and they handle them sooo well. Ive had Virus KC's sent to me...and I swear to god....its as if one of the warehouse knobs took it home...had a play on it....then repacked it only to shipped later in the week to unsuspecting muppets like me. Ok so your not happy with the condition of the Virus.....sending it back is easy enough....but then you come across a new set of problems. Dont for god sake let the their tech guys open it up.....they obliterated 2 of my virus'. Youve all seen dodgy photos of worn out DX7's on Ebay....well thats what my 2 week old Virus KC looked like by the time Turnkey's tech team had looked at it. They have total disregard for the money you paid on it....they have no respect for your property.

Well anyway....I can forgive a dealer having probs no and again.....a sort of blip in an otherwise professional service. However.....when it happens like three or four times....it does make you wonder what kinda service they are giving to people. Ive heard alot of other pissed off people....so go figure. My advice (and I dont say this lightly)....is to avoid Turnkey for majorly expensive items like big keyboard synths. Thats just my opinion...

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 22.12.2004, 12:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Deffo mate. Exactly the type of story Ive heard DOZENS of times from people whove bought from them. Wouldnt touch them with a bardge pole even if it meant waiting another month or longer to get a TI.

I seriously cant understand how they are still going tbh. The staff in the shop are pre-pubescent students who know fuck about music tech, the customer service is a joke, the returns dept is even more of a discrace.

Digital village I highly recommend. Every time I have bought from them they have shipped the item next day without me even paying for next day delivery. Also if something isnt in stock or its due to be released soon they will call you back or email you to tell you when it is.

Ive never had a non-working product from them, so im unsure if there returns dept is any good but Ive only heard a tiny minority of bad stories from DV (which is to be expected from any supplier in any industry) compared to the monumental amount you hear about turdkey.

ten
Old 22.12.2004, 07:10 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with a place like that.

Does this place basically have your area monopolized?
Old 22.12.2004, 09:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

No not at all, they are just the official UK distributor for Access products. Digital village is probably the biggest and best, sound control is pretty cool to and dolphin music. Whatever turnkey get in digital village will have it before them, apart from Access kit (although DV had virus powercore months before turnkey decided to stock it)

Its such a shame tho, cos turnkey is a nice shop and they do stock a wide range of pretty cool kit. They just need someone up top to take charge and sort the place out.

ten
Old 22.12.2004, 10:36 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

zzounds.com Has a "more expected date" of 1/7.
Old 23.12.2004, 09:39 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdroid
zzounds.com Has a "more expected date" of 1/7.
Unfortunately zzounds expected dates are completely unreliable. First they had 12/30. Then magically it became 12/17. Then on 12/17 it became 12/30 again. Now it is 1/7.

Zzounds is a decent company but those dates are kind of a con. I've seen the same thing happen with other products that weren't even new releases, just restock of things they already carry.

Access will ship them when they ship then. That's all anybody outside of Access knows.
Old 24.12.2004, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingPoint
Access will ship them when they ship then. That's all anybody outside of Access knows.
FULLSTOP.