Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.09.2010, 06:18 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Lol you people still use PC's when it comes to using an actual sequencer? Hey, it's the year 2010. Mac is the way to Go! No excuses! No viruses, no BS! In logic pro, my virus works perfectly! And I don't need to reinstall a whole operating system.
Old 07.09.2010, 07:08 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlenegrilio View Post
Lol you people still use PC's when it comes to using an actual sequencer? Hey, it's the year 2010. Mac is the way to Go! No excuses! No viruses, no BS! In logic pro, my virus works perfectly! And I don't need to reinstall a whole operating system.
Heh.. where've you been? Viruses/malware haven't been a real issue on any recent version of Windows in a long time. Mac's day of security reckoning is still to come. Honestly I wouldn't mind to have one of the things, just as another toy. The long-term security issue Apple products are going to need to face (sooner or later) is a concern, but inevitable. The real issue is the cost. To have a Mac that is anywhere near as powerful as my current PC, I would have to spend close to $8,000 US last time I checked. With the current crop of high-end CPUs, you might find the need for hardware synths like the Virus to be on the decline. Now in terms of interoperability (especially with music hardware and the like), this is where Apple would seem to have an advantage, so I can believe it would be easier to get VC working well in Logic (reduced QA burden). Whether or not that advantage is worth the rediculous price tag and overall value (aka Apple Tax) for the dollar is another story.

Some of the soft synths that I rely on, and produce as good or better results than the Virus Ti2 are not even available on Mac platform.
Old 08.09.2010, 09:49 AM
Pro
Pro

Apple so heavily over rated - and I strongly disagree with the way they sell products with limited functionality - iPods where you cant take your files off the ipod onto a computer for one example. Not to mention the ridiculous costs for less powerful hardware. I produce on Win XP and I have 0 issues - Cubase will crash time to time usually from CPU overloading, but the OS itself is perfectly stable.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 08.09.2010, 03:45 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
I would have to agree, its not that my PC and Ableton did'nt work fine with VC but the Mac Mini has far less latency for whatever reason.
Old 12.09.2010, 12:51 PM
New here

Man, you have it all on MAC right now. What kind of synths are you looking for. I maybe can help you.
Old 12.09.2010, 12:56 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Apple so heavily over rated - and I strongly disagree with the way they sell products with limited functionality - iPods where you cant take your files off the ipod onto a computer for one example. Not to mention the ridiculous costs for less powerful hardware. I produce on Win XP and I have 0 issues - Cubase will crash time to time usually from CPU overloading, but the OS itself is perfectly stable.
What? Mac are expensive? LOL. Get on craiglist and you will have people in your home town selling macs for nothing! I found mines for 900 bucks! A Mac Pro g5 then I added 12gigs of ram for $250. Works flawless! It almost NEVER crashes! Ever!
Old 12.09.2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Man, you have it all on MAC right now. What kind of synths are you looking for. I maybe can help you.
Oresus has become an important synth in my arsenal and is not currently available on Mac. I was using Sylenth1 for probably a year before they finally came out with a Mac version. For a lot of synth makers, the Mac version is an afterthought.