Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.03.2014, 08:56 AM
New here
New here

Default How to sync bpm of a project with virus TI connected via MIDI (in single and multimode) ?

Hi all, I'm a new user, I have bought a second hand VIRUS TI2 Keyboard and I ask you some help for make my bpm of patches in virus in synch with my daw (Logic Pro 9, MainStage, Ableton Live).
My seput is:

Macbook Pro Retina, connected via firewire to soundcard Motu Ultralite Hybrid Mk3.
Virus TI2 Keyboard is connected via midi IN and midi OUT to Motu Ultralite (as I use also the keyboard as master keyboard to play vst in Logic, Mainstage, Ableton Live)
Virus Ti2 Keboard main Outs 1 and 2 goes to analog imputs 1-2 of Motu Ultralite.

In Virus TI I have midi dump enabled.

How can I automatically synch my virus of the bpm of the DAW?
For example: if I change bpm in Ableton live from 120 to 140 bpm i want that virus TI changes automatically bpm to 140 bpm.
Is it possible also in multimode?

Thanks for help !!!
Old 10.03.2014, 07:38 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisa View Post
Hi all, I'm a new user, I have bought a second hand VIRUS TI2 Keyboard and I ask you some help for make my bpm of patches in virus in synch with my daw (Logic Pro 9, MainStage, Ableton Live).
My seput is:

Macbook Pro Retina, connected via firewire to soundcard Motu Ultralite Hybrid Mk3.
Virus TI2 Keyboard is connected via midi IN and midi OUT to Motu Ultralite (as I use also the keyboard as master keyboard to play vst in Logic, Mainstage, Ableton Live)
Virus Ti2 Keboard main Outs 1 and 2 goes to analog imputs 1-2 of Motu Ultralite.

In Virus TI I have midi dump enabled.

How can I automatically synch my virus of the bpm of the DAW?
For example: if I change bpm in Ableton live from 120 to 140 bpm i want that virus TI changes automatically bpm to 140 bpm.
Is it possible also in multimode?

Thanks for help !!!
Hi there,

Is there a reason you are not using the virus control plug-in? (there are many but with logic & Live it seems to work pretty well) After all it is supposed to be Totally integrated. If you use it then the arp's will sync to the host (I presume thats what you are talking about) but with regular midi in/out's I dont think so, you will have to manually adjust the bpm on the virus itself.
Old 17.03.2019, 10:04 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

This is not true, using the Virus control plugin with logic will not sync. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm trying to find a solution as to how to sync it here.