Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 23.05.2014, 02:28 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi71cx3 View Post
As you can see doing an audio track each midi track is also suggested by them. Probabily the Virus TI2 does not suffer of this issue (maybe it can play the tracks simultaneously during the mixdown without matters).
Let us know how it goes. As I mentioned I ended up needing to do this with the Ultranova editor anyway, because otherwise the output just goes to Stereo Out and you have limited mixer options that way (including not being able to control audio/pan of that track independently aside from whatever features the VST plugin provides). I wasn't sure how much has changed between Cubase 6 & 7.5 because supposedly the mixer was a ground-up rewrite in 7.0. It was very different the last time I worked with the TI plug-in, because at that time, I only tried it in FLStudio which treats instruments and mixer tracks as two very separate things which do not necessarily have a 1:1 mapping (or in the case of external hardware, a 1:2 mapping with an instrument track for midi and mix track for audio). That felt a little cumbersome at first to me in Cubase but it really does give you a lot more flexibility once you get used to it.
Old 23.05.2014, 02:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, Cubase is top notch.