Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 19.06.2014, 04:26 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Farewell Rik Mayall, comedy legend

Grew up watching The Young Ones and Bottom, epic cult status. Master of slapstick.

Old 19.06.2014, 11:11 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Not good days for Englishmen, first Rik dies & now it looks like we're out of the world cup I'm going to the pub to get drunk...really drunk!
Old 21.06.2014, 01:13 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Just watched the vids Timo...man that takes me back especially Motorhead playing 'Ace of spades' in the living room. I saw them on that tour with the original line up of Lemmy, Fast Eddie & Filthy Animal...I was deaf for a week afterwards Lol!
Old 21.06.2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Not good days for Englishmen, first Rik dies & now it looks like we're out of the world cup I'm going to the pub to get drunk...really drunk!
Slapstick and Soccer have much in common, the biggest difference being that in slapstick, at least the Styrofoam prop makes contact with the victim before he goes down writhing in pain

Professional soccer players don't seem to need actual physical contact before they fall over crying with an injury.. Just an observation from an American with a different definition of football. lol

Young Ones were great. One of those iconic shows with too short a run.
Old 21.06.2014, 06:14 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Slapstick and Soccer have much in common, the biggest difference being that in slapstick, at least the Styrofoam prop makes contact with the victim before he goes down writhing in pain

Professional soccer players don't seem to need actual physical contact before they fall over crying with an injury.. Just an observation from an American with a different definition of football. lol
Lol, it's called football because it's a game you play with a ball (that's a round object) & with your feet (the things that are on the end of your legs)
The american's call a game similar to rugby, football!!! although nobody is sure why??? Outside of the states hardly anyone else plays the stupid game despite billions of dollars going into sponsorship every year. We play rugby that does without all that sissy helmets & body armour. Oh yeah & baseball is based on an old English game called rounders, again traditionally played without all the wussy helmets & padding.
Just an observation from an English guy who has lived in the states for 15 years
Havind said that the USA team is doing way better than England right now in the world cup.
Old 21.06.2014, 10:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

^indeed, but all the European teams are performing badly on this cup. To the point one has to wonder if the timing of these events suits the sport or not. To my mind, it doesn't. I'm from Portugal and the first match was also a blatant disgrace, the physical levels of players is laughable at this point, more injuries then ready for everything players, even Ronaldo is crippled and but a shadow of his real potential. The States DO stand a chance against us, they may very well kick us out of the cup for good tomorrow.

Just an observation of an European who never ever lived in America.
Old 21.06.2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Lol, it's called football because it's a game you play with a ball (that's a round object) & with your feet (the things that are on the end of your legs)
The american's call a game similar to rugby, football!!! although nobody is sure why??? Outside of the states hardly anyone else plays the stupid game despite billions of dollars going into sponsorship every year. We play rugby that does without all that sissy helmets & body armour. Oh yeah & baseball is based on an old English game called rounders, again traditionally played without all the wussy helmets & padding.
Just an observation from an English guy who has lived in the states for 15 years
Havind said that the USA team is doing way better than England right now in the world cup.
Hey I said I have a different definition of football, I didn't say I was desperate enough for entertainment to watch a bunch of dudes run around in tight pants giving each other head trauma. The average American's obsession with NFL is indeed embarrassing, makes the rest of us who have better things to do look bad. lol
Old 22.06.2014, 06:03 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 27.06.2014, 05:17 PM
Pro
Pro

Not a great fan of The Young Ones (did watch it when young, just cause everyone at school did). However did love the New Stateman and of course his appearances in Blackadder as Flashard. Saw bottom live at the BIC, pure professionals...

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx