Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.11.2005, 06:32 AM
This forum member lives here

Default A collection of questions for anyone who knows

Because I am having quite a few different issues, I thought I would compile them here so that perhaps different people might be able to post solutions (and hopefully this will be of help to others)

1. Certain sounds don't reload properly when the VC is saved with the daw (cubase etc.) I have found more sounds that don't reload properly and hence lose all tweaks - Q Should I continue reporting the individual sounds that don't reload correctly or is the fix that Access is working on going to correct all the sounds?

2. Pertaining to #1. Is anyone else able to save individual sounds with their songs via sysex transfer? If so, are you doing the sysex dump via midi cable or over usb?

3. System Reset. In the virus C there was a way to reinitialize the synth (if there were problems) by holding down a key when powering on. Ben had stated that I should do a soft power down (normal method) plus hold the arp edit button, but this didn't seem to do anything related to a system reset. Can anyone else do a system reset this way?

4. In the virus control - when copying a sound from one part to the other, (via drag and drop) it doesn't copy the sound with all the tweaks I made to it. Rather it just copies the original sound (prior to tweaks) Is this normal. Ex. I have a sound in part one - I tweak it heavily. Now I would like to load that same exact tweaked sound into part two to control from another midi track. In the VC I highlight first part sound (tweaked), drag and drop it into part 2. I honestly would think it would be the same exact (tweaked) sound, but rather it reverts to the original sound (before tweaks) for part 2. I suppose I can just save the tweaked sound to a ram slot and then reload it into part 2, but the drag and drop would be much faster.

hopefully none of the above are just a RTFM (which I did do btw)
Old 21.11.2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else able to save individual sounds with their songs via sysex transfer? If so, are you doing the sysex dump via midi cable or over usb?
Yes. Via midi.

Quote:
I should do a soft power down (normal method) plus hold the arp edit button, but this didn't seem to do anything related to a system reset. Can anyone else do a system reset this way?
That doesn't sound right to me. Do a normal, soft power down. Then pull the plug. Wait a few seconds. Then "plug back in whilst holding down the arp edit button".

Mr O
Old 21.11.2005, 09:37 PM

Sweet Mercy Mr. O . . . you have solved my sysex problem!!!
The system reset fixed it

Thank you so much.
btw, where did you find out how to do the system reset? I couldn't find it in the manual (or I looked right past it)
Old 22.11.2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
btw, where did you find out how to do the system reset? I couldn't find it in the manual (or I looked right past it)
No, it's not in the manual. I think it was our very own Ben "is that phat enough" Crossland (he's gonna regret saying that someday) either here or on the ampfea mailing list.

I do so many resets, or at least pulling the mains out, that I've decided to wire in an inline mains switch into the power supply lead. Bad move Access for ditching an integrated power switch. Bet they never counted on so many "unofficial beta testers" needing to do hard resets.

Mr O
Old 26.11.2005, 12:24 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: A collection of questions for anyone who knows

Quote:
1. Certain sounds don't reload properly when the VC is saved with the daw (cubase etc.) I have found more sounds that don't reload properly and hence lose all tweaks - Q Should I continue reporting the individual sounds that don't reload correctly or is the fix that Access is working on going to correct all the sounds?
We have the same problem now and then...but were using Logic 5.5.1 and we do a "save setting as" at the bottom of the VC (Don't think you can do that in Cubase??)and just reload it...Seems to work(still a pain in the hoop mind)
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 27.11.2005, 01:27 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Cubase has a 'store preset' on top of the usual fxp fxb saves
Old 27.11.2005, 08:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: A collection of questions for anyone who knows

Quote:
It seems there are certain sounds that contain illegal values which are causing these problems, Syrys BC is known - please send me a list of any others you find and I will make sure they are fixed for the next release.

Quote:
Is anyone else able to save individual sounds with their songs via sysex transfer? If so, are you doing the sysex dump via midi cable or over usb?
Yes, Arrangement Dumps works fine for me with either usb midi or normal midi.

Quote:
3. System Reset. In the virus C there was a way to reinitialize the synth (if there were problems) by holding down a key when powering on. Ben had stated that I should do a soft power down (normal method) plus hold the arp edit button, but this didn't seem to do anything related to a system reset. Can anyone else do a system reset this way?
Soft Power Off, so that the TI is in Standby. Then press and hold Arp Edit for a second or two. You should see the BPM and Osc Vol LEDs flash. The TI is now reset.

Quote:
4. In the virus control - when copying a sound from one part to the other, (via drag and drop) it doesn't copy the sound with all the tweaks I made to it. Rather it just copies the original sound (prior to tweaks) Is this normal. Ex. I have a sound in part one - I tweak it heavily. Now I would like to load that same exact tweaked sound into part two to control from another midi track. In the VC I highlight first part sound (tweaked), drag and drop it into part 2. I honestly would think it would be the same exact (tweaked) sound, but rather it reverts to the original sound (before tweaks) for part 2. I suppose I can just save the tweaked sound to a ram slot and then reload it into part 2, but the drag and drop would be much faster.
I'd be surprised if none of the tweaks are copied? There is an issue with some of the filter envelope parameters in this situation, but that has been identified and a fix is forthcoming. Other than these parameters, I can drag/drop tweaked patches between parts just fine?
Old 29.11.2020, 05:33 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland View Post
It seems there are certain sounds that contain illegal values
Could this be why the Illegal RAM message shows up?

I passed on buying one of these today as it had the error message Illegal RAM Battery??? We tried replacing the RAM battery at the shop and still got the same message.

Thank you!