Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.04.2009, 06:43 AM
New here
New here

I am ust the snow to. beta OS 3.0.1.12 make the same problems as OS 3.0.1.10...detecting a hub

OS 3.0.1.9 runs without a problem on the snow with live suite8. on a macbook and imac.

By beta versions are this problems normally. and it needs a little bit time to merge those problems out.

never change a running system
Old 25.04.2009, 11:34 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondahl View Post
I am ust the snow to. beta OS 3.0.1.12 make the same problems as OS 3.0.1.10...detecting a hub

OS 3.0.1.9 runs without a problem on the snow with live suite8. on a macbook and imac.

By beta versions are this problems normally. and it needs a little bit time to merge those problems out.

never change a running system
earlier versions didn't throw a root hub warning. the problem was there all the time. it is a problem with your setup, not the software.

marc
Old 25.04.2009, 05:01 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default randomly recurring noise

I'm running the latest version of logic 8 on a powermac dual 2.7 g5 with an apogee duet as my default audio interface. My snow has had the same strange bug since I moved to 3.0.1 and now with 3.0.12:
Randomly while playing it will catch on what sounds like noise lfo'd by a fast squaretooth wave. It goes away only when I use the panic function. I unplug the usb and plug it back in and still the behavior reappears. I restart my computer and this seems to fix it until the next random instance of it returns.
I haven't seen any mention of this so far in this bug thread.
Old 25.04.2009, 05:39 PM
Complete Newbie

3.12 works fine for me expect that USB3 locks up. (no sound) whichting outputs (3 > 3+1 > 3) sometimes brings it back, but often a full reboot is required. 3.09 and 3.06 did not have this problem (though they had the blank screens which now seems solved)
Old 25.04.2009, 09:34 PM
Complete Newbie

Default Atomiser Bug!

(Ti Desktop)

With 3.0.1.12, under atomiser, raising and lowering the atomiser count from 0 up to 16 (repeatedly) builds up a distortion with each increase/turn of the atomiser soft knob.

I'm not using the keyboard here - just running a signal into the inputs, choosing atomiser in an empty patch, making sure inputs L&R are chosen, and then I repeatedly increase and decrease the atomiser soft knob value. Nothing else is applied. Seems like a shut down/sleep is the only fix.

I've edited this post to state that this bug seems to be quite serious - at first I didn't think so but after messing around it looks like it's a pretty significant problem, ie, seriously distorting incoming audio. Also happens with programmed patches from existing banks.

Last edited by markoos : 25.04.2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 26.04.2009, 09:53 PM
New here
New here

Default Atomizer Cubase bug

Hi,

Update 3.01.12 has solved problems with using the vocoder and fx in TI with audio being sent from Cubase 4.5.2 via my audio interface, but when using Atomizer it seems to still be very buggy. I sometimes can get the Atomizer to work if I use it 1st thing after opening Cubase but as soon as I press play in Cubase (ie. stop then start again on transport) for the second time I totally lose the Atomizer features. I can still hear my audio going thru the Virus but Atomizer has left the building if I press any of the keys on my TI2.

Is anyone else having these issues when using Cubase and the Virus? Or does anyone have some suggestions?

TY.
Old 27.04.2009, 01:43 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
let's just say it doesn't happen here but i think you are not the only one who reported this problem. in order to find out what causes it, we need to know more about the specific circumstances. in case you're not already in touch with support, you should open a ticket with them.

best, marc
Thanks Marc, I haven't yet, but will do so this week. Have another problem with Atomizer when sidechained in Albeton live too (stop on transport, and play again causes atomizer to stop working), so will cover both with a ticket.
Old 27.04.2009, 08:44 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
earlier versions didn't throw a root hub warning. the problem was there all the time. it is a problem with your setup, not the software.

marc
i had this issue with 3.0.10. whatever combination i tried with USB connections, it thrived same warning. either it means that every USB connections on my computer are hubs (i doubt, dont know if it is possible, i have 4 connections on the back, and 4 on the front side), or something is wrong with virus software.
i have windows xp sp3
Old 28.04.2009, 05:43 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genelec View Post
Hi,

Update 3.01.12 has solved problems with using the vocoder and fx in TI with audio being sent from Cubase 4.5.2 via my audio interface, but when using Atomizer it seems to still be very buggy. I sometimes can get the Atomizer to work if I use it 1st thing after opening Cubase but as soon as I press play in Cubase (ie. stop then start again on transport) for the second time I totally lose the Atomizer features. I can still hear my audio going thru the Virus but Atomizer has left the building if I press any of the keys on my TI2.

Is anyone else having these issues when using Cubase and the Virus? Or does anyone have some suggestions?

TY.
I can't get atomizer to do anything. Audio passes through OK, but when atomizer is activated, none of the midi note triggers do anything.

Interestingly, fx also do not work when atomizer is on, however i can get them to work just fine w/ incoming audio when atomizer is off.

running newest Virus OS and WinXP SP3.
Old 28.04.2009, 11:34 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlshft View Post
I can't get atomizer to do anything. Audio passes through OK, but when atomizer is activated, none of the midi note triggers do anything.

Interestingly, fx also do not work when atomizer is on, however i can get them to work just fine w/ incoming audio when atomizer is off.

running newest Virus OS and WinXP SP3.
Might have something to do with having 3USB outs selected - try setting it to 2.

So: Virus Control > Patch Utility (far right tab) > under 'USB Audio Mode' select "2 Outs" and see if it works now.

I had this issue pre Version 3 - having all USB outputs activated turns off an input or something. Have not tried Atomizer recently so not sure how it all works in Version 3.