Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.09.2005, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3
Default Question regarding..

loading patches into the virus.

Alright, Unidance still have problems logging onto this site so i'll post his question instead that i recieved in my mailbox just a few minutes ago.

Quote:
I am about to purchaes the incubatiovol 3 patch set from www.vengeance.de but i need advice on how to first save my current patches and then how to load the new patches into the virus bank of my choice..i have read how to do this using a computer based sequencer but i use a hardware sequencer ( yamaha rm1x and alesis mmt8 ) so i need to know the step by step how i get the patches from the computer into the hardware sequencer and then into the virus....any help on this would be much appreciated

Can you help..if not can you post this for me
Anyone know how he should work this out?

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 09.09.2005, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Holy crap people.. Help Unidance out then.. cheerio!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 09.09.2005, 11:59 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Just get Midi-OX (free) it allows sending and receiving of Sysex (my favorite format )

Than just put his hardware sequencer to Midi Thru mode, and put Midi-OX in receive sysex mode. Than just Bulk Dump the banks he wants to safe.

GL & HF!

-VR
Old 09.09.2005, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks vvanrij!

Old 09.09.2005, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks v vranriji .....midi ox is a computer based program ...i do not have a midi in out port on my pc
so i still need to know how to get the patches i have purchased from www.vegeance.com into my hardware sequencer (yamaha rm1x) which has a floppydisk drive.
Will it be aquestion of savng the file from vengeance to floppy disk ..loading it into my hardware sequencer and the to the virus
Any Thoughts.....
Thanks
That's Unidance reply.

Old 10.09.2005, 08:05 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I really don't think his hardware sequenzer is able to save a sysex file and then send it to another device connected to it. He should look that up in his manual...

Other than that, he should really try and look for a cheap midi (usb?) interface to send and backup his stuff. I think his hardware sequenzer is just not able to act as a pass through device, since it isn't connected to the source (the pc).

If he finds out that it IS possible, he is very lucky, but I think the chances are minimum. So then he should just get a cheap midi interface, and start sending and receiving.

Good luck!

-VR
Old 10.09.2005, 08:07 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Ow btw, I just assumed that it was sysex..

If it is midi, he could try to save it into the hardware sequenzer (make sure all midi filters are off!!!) and then send it through the channel to which the virus is connected.

The chances that this works are alot better, but it would be quite possible that the sequenzer isn't able to save/play the very complicated midi file (since it contains much more than normal midi files)

GL & HF!

-VR