Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.04.2005, 04:15 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus is driving me Nuts!!!! HELP!!

1) My virus classic everytime that is turn off for too long, when i try to switch back on the LED keep unreadable.....so i have to wait a little bit to turn off and turn on again so as i can see what is written on the LED....is this normal?

2) Everytime that i save my projects in CUbase, i make a total MIDI DUMP TX in order to save my virus presets toguether with the project BUT the last time i did it i lost my preset on channel 6......WHAT's THE RIGHT WAY TO SAVE MY PRESETS???? i know that u already talk about it BUT: where can i see the sysyx opition on cubase?? and why just the channel 6 was lost?? and where can i see the presets saved??

3) HOW THE HELL I AUTOMATE MY VIRUS IN CUBASE SX 2??? Im already pressing the record button in cubase but it doesn't recording the things i do on virus!! and i dont know how to see the controllers number of each knob......(as the cubase is not recording any change of parameters)

PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!

ps: i bought this virus 1 month ago it's NEW!!

peace
Old 27.04.2005, 11:42 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Virus is driving me Nuts!!!! HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SYNTH--
1) My virus classic everytime that is turn off for too long, when i try to switch back on the LED keep unreadable.....so i have to wait a little bit to turn off and turn on again so as i can see what is written on the LED....is this normal?
Contact Access Virus Tech Support for this one.....

Quote:
2) Everytime that i save my projects in CUbase, i make a total MIDI DUMP TX in order to save my virus presets toguether with the project BUT the last time i did it i lost my preset on channel 6......WHAT's THE RIGHT WAY TO SAVE MY PRESETS???? i know that u already talk about it BUT: where can i see the sysyx opition on cubase?? and why just the channel 6 was lost?? and where can i see the presets saved??
Why bother??? Just name your multi the same as your project, then when you next open up your project, scroll through the Virus and choose the corresponding multi.

Quote:
3) HOW THE HELL I AUTOMATE MY VIRUS IN CUBASE SX 2??? Im already pressing the record button in cubase but it doesn't recording the things i do on virus!! and i dont know how to see the controllers number of each knob......(as the cubase is not recording any change of parameters)
Record your part first, then, make sure both MIDI input and ouput is set to the port that the Virus is on, and the correct MIDI channel #, then start your sequencer and tweak away! It is simple if everything is set up correctly.

Dont give up...just keep trying things out.

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.04.2005, 11:06 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

Quote:
I think the problem is that the screen is cold. Once it has been on for a short while the temperature has risen and the dot matrix responds a lot quicker than when its cold. When its cold transitions between words or numbers will seem blurry, but if you let it warm up it will seem like an instant switch.

If this is a problem everytime, I suggest you leave the virus on for a few minutes before you begin work with it. If that isnt the problem, let me know what exactly is wrong with the screen.

Cheers, H.
Old 29.04.2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrystainer
I think the problem is that the screen is cold. Once it has been on for a short while the temperature has risen and the dot matrix responds a lot quicker than when its cold. When its cold transitions between words or numbers will seem blurry, but if you let it warm up it will seem like an instant switch.[/quote]

If this is a problem everytime, I suggest you leave the virus on for a few minutes before you begin work with it. If that isnt the problem, let me know what exactly is wrong with the screen.

I was worried about the same thing on my VC actually. But it turned out the red screen took longer to warm up than my other gear. Turning it on and off to get it to be viewable is a worry though - not sure about that one.

[/quote]
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 29.04.2005, 03:25 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrystainer
I think the problem is that the screen is cold. Once it has been on for a short while the temperature has risen and the dot matrix responds a lot quicker than when its cold. When its cold transitions between words or numbers will seem blurry, but if you let it warm up it will seem like an instant switch.

I was worried about the same thing on my VC actually. But it turned out the red screen took longer to warm up than my other gear. Turning it on and off to get it to be viewable is a worry though - not sure about that one.

[/quote][/quote]

YES....the problem is just about getting hotter......i wish it could be already hot......

And about the DUMP.....my cubase was filtering sysex messages
but do I have to play the recorded midi file so as cubase can bring my presets back?? and is the MIDI DUMP TOTAL usefull to save all my projects presets.....or do i need to do something else??

peace