Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.12.2008, 01:16 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to 0104
Default problem with virus ti and mbox

hello everyone , i have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with

basically the short story is my virus ti keyboard (os 2.7.5) wont work with my mbox mini 2 (pro tools 8 so im assuming the latest core audio drivers are installed)

anyway the problem is i can use my mbox with no virus , and my virus as a soundcard withowt having my mbox plugged in

when i plug both in when loading pro tools i get 'hardware not found' and obv cant use my virus soundcard i need the mbox

in logic it doesnt detect mbox at all when both plugged in , and wen both are plugged in i get 'mac midi services not available' (although that was 2 days ago since then i have upgraded from tiger to leaopard , fully updated to 10.5.6) when just the mbox or just the virus is plugged in the work no problem

they just wont play together at all

im thinking the drivers are conflicting but they have worked b4 when i fisrt bought my virus in april with pt 7.4 and the os i got with the virus os 2 or something

im a music production student so i know my way about software but ive just entered the anolog world and hit a brickwall haha so if anyone can help that would be really appreciated

i jus dont want to have to use the virus soundcard coz it kills my cpu , ive allways been fine with my g5 b4 i got the virus and havin to use its soundcard

info if needed - mac os x leopard 10.5.6 , g5 1.6ghz 768mb ram , pt 8 and logic 8.0.2

im getting a 3ghz imac next week so if its a problem with the g5 its ok coz its gettin passed on

also wots the alternative to using the virus usb? is it midi cables and audio cables into soundcard?

thanks for any reply
Old 29.12.2008, 07:31 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

try to use a different usb port, I guess you plugged both onto the same usb root hub and the bandwidth is exceeded since th embox is usb1 as well.

r
Old 29.12.2008, 09:16 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to 0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkaz View Post
try to use a different usb port, I guess you plugged both onto the same usb root hub and the bandwidth is exceeded since th embox is usb1 as well.

r
sorted mate thanks alot