Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.05.2009, 11:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

with a little luck we will have a new version later today which might cure the problem. the reason i'm so vague is that we are not entirely sure if everybody is talking about the same problem. we found two issues which we fixed. hopefully there are no other ones which lead to the crash.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 20.05.2009, 12:45 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Great news...hopefully it will solve the crashing issue.

Tx for the update Marc...
Old 22.05.2009, 04:40 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

The new update did solve my crash problem

Thank you Marc and Access !! I'm realy happy !!

best regards
Old 24.05.2009, 07:41 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm still getting the crash and beep. I just left cubase opened for about 30 minutes on a project with nothing but the virus plugin running, and it randomly crashed and squealed at me. It wasn't even playing so no midi or anything was being sent to the virus. It's getting pretty irritating that a $2100 synthesizer is crashing on an almost daily basis. If the thing didn't sound so good and I didn't love the whole total integration thing so much I would have sent it back by now.
Old 24.05.2009, 10:56 AM
New here
New here

The crash when a patch is changed during playback seems to be fixed, but I've got the same problem here that the virus is still crashing after 1hr or 2hr work. Also when it wasn't even playing so no midi or anything was being sent to the virus. I hear the same noise and beeps as the patch changing bug. After the crash i saw that USB 3 output wasn't working anymore??

I need to reset the virus again and start up my DAW, very annoying!
Old 24.05.2009, 03:46 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Same here sadly enough. In the middle of mastering something so I have not even used let alone touched the TI since switching it on and it just crashed right in front of my very eyes, well, ears actually as I got a nice blast of shite through my speakers again. Thanks Access. Been on for about an hour, usual form, leds out, crash, display stays on, blast of noise.
Old 24.05.2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulatormusic View Post
The crash when a patch is changed during playback seems to be fixed, but I've got the same problem here that the virus is still crashing after 1hr or 2hr work. Also when it wasn't even playing so no midi or anything was being sent to the virus. I hear the same noise and beeps as the patch changing bug. After the crash i saw that USB 3 output wasn't working anymore??

I've got the same problem with it killing USB3 too. That one is particularly annoying. I noticed a couple times when it killed USB3 reloading the patch that I was using in that slot fixed the problem, no idea what's up with that.
Old 24.05.2009, 07:48 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulatormusic View Post

Have you checked your energy prefs? Is your machine set to sleep?

Just wondering since my machine has been on for about a day, and it has not crashed at all. I take it your daw was open when this happened?
Old 24.05.2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Have you checked your energy prefs? Is your machine set to sleep?

Just wondering since my machine has been on for about a day, and it has not crashed at all. I take it your daw was open when this happened?
My daw was opened and I was actively using the computer so no way sleep or anything screwed it up for me.
Old 24.05.2009, 07:57 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
My daw was opened and I was actively using the computer so no way sleep or anything screwed it up for me.
ok. cool, I just wanted to check.