Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.03.2009, 05:54 PM
New here
New here

I've had my Ti for 2.5 years but ever since 2.7.3 + has come out it just will not install the firmware, i managed to get os3 installed once by down grading to 2.0.3 and then ug to os3 but neither of the new updates ,3.0.5 or 3.0.6 will install which has left me going back to and stuck in 2.5.1. I would try 3.0.0 again but its not on the access site and I have deleted it off my pc. Any else have these problems with 2.7.3 etc where access changed the installer package where we used to have the cup of tea/coffee on the TI screen while the firmware updated. I have been in touch with access support over a number of weeks and tried all the known
tricks but no joy. But I do believe if i had mac i would have no probs with updates.

Cheerz
Old 06.03.2009, 06:09 PM
New here
New here

I've had my Ti for 2.5 years but ever since 2.7.3 + has come out it just will not install the firmware, i managed to get os3 installed once by down grading to 2.0.3 and then ug to os3 but neither of the new updates ,3.0.5 or 3.0.6 will install which has left me going back to and stuck in 2.5.1. I would try 3.0.0 again but its not on the access site and I have deleted it off my pc.

Anyone else have these problems with 2.7.3 etc, when access changed the installer package, where we used to have the cup of tea/coffee on the TI screen while the firmware updated. I have been in touch with access support previuosly over a number of weeks and tried all the known
tricks but no joy. But I do believe if i had a mac i would have no probs with updates.

I would love it if access would use the 2.5.1 installer package with the newer 2.7.3 - 3.0.6 versions to see if solves my problem as all the versions to 2.5.1 were and are still rock solid when you install them, no hanging on the found 1 virus TI, switching to update mode screen

And damn the Graindance, Plasmatron challenge was better than I thought,GJVTI got both my votes but not only that i've got 5-6 different verisons of the patches. I guess they would now be official graindance and plasmatron or, unofficial as the site suggests, patches.

Cheerz
Old 06.03.2009, 06:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR M View Post
I've had my Ti for 2.5 years but ever since 2.7.3 + has come out it just will not install the firmware, i managed to get os3 installed once by down grading to 2.0.3 and then ug to os3 but neither of the new updates ,3.0.5 or 3.0.6 will install which has left me going back to and stuck in 2.5.1. I would try 3.0.0 again but its not on the access site and I have deleted it off my pc.

Anyone else have these problems with 2.7.3 etc, when access changed the installer package, where we used to have the cup of tea/coffee on the TI screen while the firmware updated. I have been in touch with access support previuosly over a number of weeks and tried all the known
tricks but no joy. But I do believe if i had a mac i would have no probs with updates.

I would love it if access would use the 2.5.1 installer package with the newer 2.7.3 - 3.0.6 versions to see if solves my problem as all the versions to 2.5.1 were and are still rock solid when you install them, no hanging on the found 1 virus TI, switching to update mode screen

And damn the Graindance, Plasmatron challenge was better than I thought,GJVTI got both my votes but not only that i've got 5-6 different verisons of the patches. I guess they would now be official graindance and plasmatron or, unofficial as the site suggests, patches.

Cheerz
mr m,

could you please send me a private note with the support incident number? you surely have contacted access support when you cannot install things anymore? we are not aware of an installer problem on windows. and the mac one should be fixed since i think 3.0.1.05

thanks, marc
Old 07.03.2009, 09:00 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fornax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
mr m,

could you please send me a private note with the support incident number? you surely have contacted access support when you cannot install things anymore? we are not aware of an installer problem on windows. and the mac one should be fixed since i think 3.0.1.05

thanks, marc
I can confirm this problem.
I have managed to install the 3.0.x.x packages after a numbers of time. Usually the firmware stop during update on the access virus. So the access virus freeze. And I have to try the update again, and again. I can also tell that I have done the same as mr m. I did install an old packages with the virus ti software, earlier than 2.7.5. (Cause these packages get installed with no problems) and then upgrade it to 3.0.x.x. This works sometimes. I have been sitting for hours trying to install the update. I finaly made it install. This was the problem I was talking about earlier in this thread.
I run windows xp2 and use Access Virus TI keyboard. (For the information).
Old 07.03.2009, 11:42 AM
New here
New here

I also had some problems with upgrading my version (from 2.7.3).
I managed to get the update running smoothly by disconnecting the power completely first.

but I do have the same problems which are known already, notes getting stucked and sometimes the lower patch select window doesn't reflect the patches and it selects one of the top patch window.

oh and i don't know if it was mentioned before but last night (after upgrading) , when i (soft) powered down my TI desktop the lfo3 led didnt go out.

other then that a damn fine job

<3
Old 08.03.2009, 08:00 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I've never had any problems installing any of the OS updates, including the public betas. Before installing a new update, I will always uninstall the Virus TI Driver and Virus TI Software Suite from Add/Remove Programs first and then install the new update. This has always worked for me, so I would recommend doing it this way to anyone who is experiencing update problems.
Old 09.03.2009, 10:36 AM
New here
New here

The volume not saved with the song still isn't fixed right? Or am I the only one still having issues?
Old 09.03.2009, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLogu View Post
The volume not saved with the song still isn't fixed right? Or am I the only one still having issues?
anybody else? i thought it's fixed

marc
Old 09.03.2009, 07:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Marc,
I will check this issue when I get home tonight. I was aware of the volume problem since 3.0.0 to 3.0.1

Yesterday I updated from 3.0.1.00 to 3.0.1.06 to solve the direktdata.bin file that kept showing up on my desktop, which I believe has been fixed. My install went smoothly running on Mac Pro OS running 10.5.6.
Old 11.03.2009, 04:15 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
anybody else? i thought it's fixed

marc
Hi Marc,

Not fixed. I submitted my simple example Cubase 5 project to Support under ticket
number SI00007123. Joerg was able to reproduce it and submitted it to R&D.

-Wayne