Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.02.2009, 02:00 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Actually, the mainboard of my TI desktop was replaced as well, but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

The question is: Do these clicks occur on EVERY TI?

-If yes, I hope there will be a software update soon to fix the problems.
-If not, I hope access will offer the chance to the users to replace the faulty mainboard (even if the mainboard has already been replaced before).

To be sure about this, i would have to play another TI, but I don't know a shop here in Switzerland where you could do that...

Maybe anybody of you had the opportunity to play different TI's?
Old 19.02.2009, 01:28 AM
Am starting to like this forum

uhh I just got a TI.

Mine clicks and pops also. Various patches at times.

One obvious patch on my unit occurs simply when I try to play the resonance cranked up on my filter with keyfollow set to max.
I posted this on another thread.
Old 19.02.2009, 10:14 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm worried that the TI2 is the TI done right and that it may have more than 25% more power, but it's using this to render voices without artifacts

Pure speculation on my part admittedly.
Old 20.02.2009, 07:50 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I noticed sometimes the clicking isnt always a dsp thing. simply turning the master output down gets rid of it. turn the gain up on your mixer to compensate.

I do get the other kind of pops & clicks.
Old 22.02.2009, 09:33 PM
New here
New here

I have similar problems with sequencer mode (hold single and multi at the same time).

To test, just place patch A-5 Ti|Bell in the first empty sequencer mode slot (make sure all your other channels in seq mode are set to init).

A-5 plays without crackles in single mode, but in seq mode the crackles are loud and clear.

I've had these sorts of problems with mine since day one, which makes it useless for anything other than single mode, which is how I use it most often.
Old 11.03.2009, 10:45 AM
New here
New here

Hi,

I'm a new member. I just bought a used Virus Kc in perfect condition. I have the same problem with clicking/popping noise from both headphone/outputs. I have it both in Single/Multimode. It sometimes sounds like a sort of noise gate.
The tone is faded out and after ca one second I can hear a click noise then silence. Sometimes with the synth is in idle I hear the same clicks. I'm running OS 6.5.
This is a major problem for me since I'm going to use it as my live keyboard.

Kind regards
Demokid
Jupiter-8 (inkl MIDI), Prophet~5 Rev 3.31 (MIDI), Pro~One, Prophet~08SE, MiniMoog Model D (inkl MIDI), MiniMoog Voyager AE, Korg MS20, Andromeda A6, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Synthesizers.com Custom Studio-66, Virus KC
MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/radiantmembers
Old 21.03.2009, 10:35 PM
New here
New here

I posted a rather long-winded rant about this problem on virusti forum a while ago, only to have some rather fanboyish and overzealous board members along with Ben Crossland tell me that the problem was me in no uncertain terms. I was especially disapointed with Ben's blatant denial that problem exists, where as evidence is very clear.

So, yes - I've also experienced it on EVERY TI MK1 - desktop, keyboard, keybard (again), polar and Snow (though on snow, it seemed a lot more well-behaved for some reason, perhaps it's the hard limit of 4 patches and optimized patches).

The last TI I owned - Polar - had even worse problems. Pressing two adjacent keys in a multi arrangement would force stuck keys, I never even used Virus Control because it made playing the synth impossible. Zips, cracks, pops, stuck notes, tons of problems. I even had a system board swapped out in my last polar and still came back with most of them. I finally gave up and dumped it.

On TI 2 I haven't noticed it, which leads me to believe that perhaps the whole reason why TI2 exists is simliar to Windows 7 - it's a bug fix to irreprable problems. Seems like original hardware was crappy, so Virus axed it and released Virus 2 to stop flooding the market with buggy hardware that was bound to tarnish the brand. Smart move, if this is in fact so.

But to address original poster - in my experience with TI2 for the last 24 hours, I'm happy to report that previously noted artifacts seem to be addressed in new hardware, as long as you don't choke the synth with obscene patches. I had 4 "level 5" patches running nicely in a multi without much nonsense.

But... I did notice that ARP was out of sync with the rest on one of the patches. It may be either patch itself, apr pattern or perhaps OS. So far, TI2 seems to be at least better in that area. I won't say it's gone until I've spent enough time with it.

Personally, I'd suggest dumping the original TI while you can and prices are still high.
Old 21.03.2009, 11:51 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Is a less than 5 bar patch even worth wrighting? I understand polyphany taxing the virus but like you ive also seen note stealing and pops and clicks only using 3-4 timbres some being monophonic, and dont get me wrong I love the virus more than anything but 80 voices at 16 parts is a little of a stretch. If it fixed the problem I would trade my ti 1 plus 500 bucks for a ti2 to Access, (just hinting around).
Old 24.03.2009, 06:20 PM
New here
New here

I noticed this problem just last night with a Snow running in Sonar...playing back a 4 part multi sequence and attempting to record it via USB. It was at 4 bar complexity, and not chopping any notes, but I was getting all kinds of clicks and pops.

Then I discovered something interesting. Instead of recording the audio in Sonar, on a lark I fired up Adobe Audition, set my record source to "TI Snow USB", hit record, flipped back to Sonar and played back the sequence. For some strange reason, I suddenly ended up with a clean playback/recording without any artifacts.

I'm suspicious that this has more to do with the USB communication, than something wrong with the audio data being generated in the unit itself.
Old 10.04.2009, 04:58 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hi - I started this thread awhile ago and just checked back... wow, looks like this is indeed a common problem.

I also should say I use my TI in stand alone mode - I only connect the USB port for software updates. So I can say with confidence that the USB connection doesn't have anything to do with these issues.

This evening I sat down and planned to dig deep into the TI and make some new sounds but right off the bat the pads I was working on started popping/clicking. The resource bar was at 3 to 4 and I'd only be playing 4 or 5 notes at a time and the clicks/pops are all over it. I stopped working on it.

I love my TI too, but it's now just plain frustrating. I'm not an expert, but it seems like there ought to be a way to correct this with a software update.

Multi-mode is pretty much useless for me, so all I can do is work in single mode and pray the pops/clicks don't come up during recording.

At least we're all in the same boat.

J.