Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.01.2009, 09:51 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i know this effect when it hops from say 4 bars to 3 bars and back again. that's more like an inaccuracy in the measurement.
it updates in realtime when you change the sound but it doesn't take the amount of voices played into account.

marc
Aha, I see. Thanks, Marc
Old 30.01.2009, 10:51 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
anybody who discovers pops and clicks ONE with the USB outs and not with the analogue outs has a USB transmission problem. you're right in the respect that in the early days there were issues in virus control which could have resulted in those artefacts. i'm sure those don't exist anymore.

marc
Hello, i am new to the forum but i own my Virus TI Desktop since around 2,5 years. I encountered problems from the first day until now. With OS 3.0 i still get pops and clicks in multimode (e.g. 3 parts: 2 "DSP-heavy" pads and a lead). Using Virus Control via USB gives less or no problems. As a result i see more problems when using the TI in Standalone mode.
I use a Virus TI Desktop with OS 3.0.0 pb. Computer: Windows Vista SP1 on Core2Quad Q6600 CPU (Desktop, 4 x 2,4 GHz) or Core2Duo (Notebook, 2 x 2,53 GHz) with Ableton Live 7.0.14. As a soundcard i use a M-Audio Ozonic firewire controller with built-in audio interface.

Last edited by Ingo : 30.01.2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 30.01.2009, 06:24 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
anybody who discovers pops and clicks ONE with the USB outs and not with the analogue outs has a USB transmission problem. you're right in the respect that in the early days there were issues in virus control which could have resulted in those artefacts. i'm sure those don't exist anymore.

marc
Thanks for the help.

I still have this artefacts even without USB-Connection, only with a midi cable coming from my midikeyboard and headphones plugged in the TI.

And if you set at the posted project the outs to analog, you also can hear the clicks. So it can't be the transmission...

Cheers,
Tiphares
Old 09.02.2009, 03:18 AM
Complete Newbie

I've had this problem from the moment I first turned on my TI through the OS 2.75 upgrade and now through the 3.0 beta upgrade, and I play it standalone. The problem seems to be related to the events that take place when a voice is triggered, this seems to be when pops/crackles occur, somewhat randomly. Personally I believe that what's happening is some kind of bug in the way the virus locks resources between its two DSPs so that one DSP can think a voice is released while another modifies its components, for example. If that happens while several voices are playing due to thread scheduling it may be a couple of milliseconds before the first DSP actually completes modifying original voice, so you hear a pop (depending on the patch properties and voice state). The pop then gets blasted through the effects unit and so with some patches it sounds worse than others (e.g. if there is a reverb). Anyway, that's my suspicion and I urge marc & team to double check their locking code and ensure that all voice-related components are stopped before locks are released, particularly in the case of stealing. Personally I can't believe that access can't fix this, it's the most widely reported problem with the TI ever since it was first released and made me worried about buying one in the first place. When I first turned on the TI I was sad to experience this issue almost immediately. Fortunately I'm glad to say that even with this issue I do love the virus, but that's no reason that access shouldn't fix the problem.
Old 09.02.2009, 08:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

user who discover pops and clicks: please contact access support (if you haven't already). this forum is not an official forum. if you want to help us understanding your problem, prepare a demo project which illustrates your problem.

thanks, marc
access music
Old 12.02.2009, 04:51 PM
Complete Newbie

Well, i was contacting access support about this problems many times. But the answer was always the same:

"The problems I experience are normal, my patches in the demo project are too ressource heavy."

I couldn't belive this, and I'm not sure if every Virus TI owner has those problems, especially because there aren't any major updates. It looks like as if access thinks that the problems with the clicks are already solved.

And that's why i think it is important to hear some other opinions in this forum!

Cheers,
Tiphares
Old 13.02.2009, 03:32 AM
Complete Newbie

I completely agree with Tiphares, I got the same message from Access support. My thoughts on the matter go as follows: 1. I am not an idiot. In fact, I am a developer myself. I can tell that sometimes the virus behaves correctly and other times not, and that it's obviously a bug. Afterall, if the DSPs become overloaded the virus should voice-steal cleanly, and most often it does. But when it doesn't it's obvious that there is something wrong. 2. Do Access play their own instruments? I can easily reproduce this issue in a matter of minutes, if not faster. With some patches its as simple as running your fingers up the keyboard. Why do I as a user have to go through the hassle of creating a demo (I play standalone/live, this isn't something that's necessarily easy for me to do), when you can see this issue being widely reported and with just a little effort you could see the issue for yourself? It feels like a blow-off and my expectation is that this issue may never be fixed. Access folks: Don't you think it sucks a bit that I have to tell my friends "Hey, you really ought to consider buying a virus, it's one of the best synths I've ever used, it will beat the pants off of your soft synths... oh but sometimes for no reason you'll get nasty pops while you're playing it." Understood that this is not an official forum btw. Sooo.. when will this page be ready? http://www.access-music.de/community/
Old 13.02.2009, 04:04 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I hear occasional pops and clicks on the "expensive" patches that rate 5 bars on the TI's display. Too bad...since that's where the lovely wavetabley stuff usually winds up.
Old 13.02.2009, 04:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I had an expensive patch that produced clicks, but those clicks only occured when using USB1.
When I routed all parts to USB2 and USB3.. no clicks.
(also arp wobbles gone)
That was in a VC sequencer mode with 4 or so parts playing.

Maybe the people with the clicky analog projects could try to re-assign to OUT2 and OUT3, just a thought!
Old 13.02.2009, 04:09 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Angry Pops Clicks after replacement and repair

Quote:
user who discover pops and clicks: please contact access support (if you haven't already). this forum is not an official forum. if you want to help us understanding your problem, prepare a demo project which illustrates your problem.

thanks, marc
access music
Helloooo
I've been in touch with access support numerous times regarding the pops/clicks... I get them in standalone mode via headphones playing in single mode (usually pads.)

Had 2 different virus ti kb's in about 3 years with one of them having the mainboard replaced . .all had pops and clicks still after.

As for blaming CPU hungry patches, it makes the "up to 80 notes polyphony" sales pitch mare than a bit misleading no?

Not good enough Access!!!!!!

I think we should be re-imbersed with TI 2's If this can't be resolved.

Or do these have the same problem?

Steamy