Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.02.2009, 06:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purusha View Post
I'm not so bothered about not having 64 bit drivers right now (although it would be nice), but I am concerned that the Ti's life-span will allow for development of 64 bit drivers - if you see what I mean?
you mean like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

happy pirate friday the 13. -

marc
Old 13.02.2009, 06:31 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
you mean like:

marc
LOL very good
Old 13.02.2009, 07:27 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
you mean like:

marc
Very droll.

I certainly hope we don't have to wait for 64 bit drivers as long as we've had to wait for a properly working Powercore Virus eh Marc? Something like 5 years now is it?

http://www.petitiononline.com/VIRUSTCP/petition.html

Maybe Cartman's approach is our only hope of ever seeing some results on that one from Access?
Old 13.02.2009, 08:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Very droll.

I certainly hope we don't have to wait for 64 bit drivers as long as we've had to wait for a properly working Powercore Virus eh Marc? Something like 5 years now is it?

http://www.petitiononline.com/VIRUSTCP/petition.html

Maybe Cartman's approach is our only hope of ever seeing some results on that one from Access?
why don't you try

c'mon. it's friday. even i have a life.

marc
Old 13.02.2009, 08:43 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
why don't you try

c'mon. it's friday. even i have a life.

marc
I'm stuck in looking after the kids. What's your excuse for being on here on a Friday night?

Old 13.02.2009, 08:47 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
I'm stuck in looking after the kids. What's your excuse for being on here on a Friday night?

So I'm not the only one - that makes me feel better!!
Old 14.02.2009, 01:43 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

so marc you make fun having stolen hundreds of people, that make you laugh, you don't even care about powercore virus users at access? I hope you really take it seriously, cause that waiting has been intolerable, and we are really a lot truely angry users against access music,

Last edited by Timo : 14.02.2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Content removed. I understand your frustration but please keep it civil, no threats.
Old 02.03.2009, 01:26 AM
Infektion taking hold...

i'm also planning to upgrade to 64 bit but it seems a bit daunting at the moment- having to resinstall huge sample libraries like east west symphonic orchestra and others which are 100's of gig's worth, ontop of the hasstle of things not working and bugs with going from cubase sx3 to cubase 5. I will wait for the virus drivers though firstly, as the virus is the core of my music, but also i will wait for windows 7 as i need to get it right and just leave it alone rather than having to change from vista to 7 or whatever it is next.
Old 13.03.2009, 06:41 PM
New here
New here

This is getting pretty aggravating. I moved to Vista 64-bit on my new system since I pretty much had to so I could utilize the 6GB of RAM. Everything is working so well on this machine, but my Virus is just stitting there, unused, since its such a hassle to use it without Virus Control. What is the holdup with these 64-bit drivers? I checked around and every major OEM is shipping systems preloaded with Vista 64-bit now. There are only a few places you can still get a 32-bit OS.

Dell
HP
Lenovo
Acer
Toshiba (some laptops)
Sony
Gateway (optional)
Alienware

So now just about anyone who buys a new Windows PC is just screwed if they want to use their Virus TI with it? I mean, what is even the point of buying a Virus TI if you can't use the TI part? Besides, who do you think these people are that are buying machines with 6-12GB of RAM and over 2TB hard drives? It's not mom & pop surfing the internet, checking their email, and playing solitaire. It's gamers and content developers which include MUSICIANS!!!
Old 14.03.2009, 12:02 AM
Infektion taking hold...

From the march issue of SOS, in a review of cubase 5 they talk about whether you should use 64bit, and Virus get's a mention:

"The most important consideration is that there need to be 64-bit drivers for all of the hardware you require on your system. Most computer components should be covered, including most audio hardware, but some musician-specific hardware lacks 64-bit support at present, including DSP cards and instruments like Access’s Virus TI"

come on access, u have to do it now