Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.07.2007, 05:03 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Have any of you guys posted all this info to access suport?

Im sure they would be glad to hear of the collection of patches on which this can be reproduced.

http://virus-ti.com/?go=contact
Old 11.07.2007, 07:52 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yep, Access know about the whole lot. They have informed thier R&D.

The worst thing is, i am on my second unit from a completely new batch. I cannot ask for another replacement if Access are not sure what the problem is themselves. And they claim that my unit is not faulty.

I have heard back from more than 8 others claiming to be able to reproduce these clicks including Access. Not to forget the various pop n click posts on the virusti forum

In every ROM bank, i have found atleast 3-5 patches with clicks so far. 'Some' other patches that do not 'seem' to have clicks, end up producing a slight click once in a while or if you change anything like a filter knob, or move the mod wheel up.

I have some fav patches from ROM B, G, H, N, O that have no clicks at all - None so ever.

Khazul, can you reproduce these clicks on the listed patches on this thread.

Like:

ROM 0 127 Zeepad SV - most obvious click build up.
ROM F 19 Cremoma HS play for like 10-20 seconds
ROM-I 50 Mandoid HS - play for 30 seconds random notes

Cheers.

Last edited by Groove66 : 11.07.2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12.07.2007, 04:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I have repreoduced it on one of the patches, havint tried on the others. I dont doubt it.

I doubt if there is anything wrong with your hardware. I do know of a whole bunch of thing that can cause clicks in mostly they are reasonable.

If I get the same - my disect some of these patches and see if there anything obvious about them.

Is any particularly quick at showing the problem?

Whats odd is the intermittent nature of the problem.
Old 12.07.2007, 09:40 AM
New here
New here

This topic was a great read guys. I have had the same problem which caused a lot of grief. After no help from the dealer and Access I almost sent the TI back as a result, but decided not to in the end. Two reasons:

1) I initially thought it was faulty but further research on the Net revealed other owners with the same problem so, a replacement unit could exhibit exactly the same behavior.
2) I wanted the Virus sound and didn't want a refund, hell what else sounds like the TI?...certainly none of my other synths.

Anyway here's my story with examples:

HTML Code:
http://virusti.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=2800&hl=
I spent a huge number of hours tweaking every parameter in the affected patches. I finally found a way to minimize (not eradicate) the pops.

From Config:

1) Change Input from Analog to S/PDIF
2) Change Clock to 48Khz
3) Sync to Internal

The TI is now quite usable, with only occasional pops on some patches.

Lets hope a new OS will finally fix the problem.

-US
Old 12.07.2007, 02:48 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Thnx guys

Hi all

A big fanx to everyone who have taken the time out to verify this problem.
Just to recap :-

Access are aware of this situation and have recreated the problem themselves.

However.............

ROM-O 127 Zeepad

is also causing problems.
I've tried allsorts of editing to stop it but failed miserably.
But here's a catch I moved down to ROM O 120 Vangelis played for a few seconds and went back to Zeepad.
Guess what? clicks had gone.

I'm in a kerfuffle
Old 12.07.2007, 11:00 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Sound View Post
This topic was a great read guys. I have had the same problem which caused a lot of grief. After no help from the dealer and Access I almost sent the TI back as a result, but decided not to in the end. Two reasons:

1) I initially thought it was faulty but further research on the Net revealed other owners with the same problem so, a replacement unit could exhibit exactly the same behavior.
2) I wanted the Virus sound and didn't want a refund, hell what else sounds like the TI?...certainly none of my other synths.

Anyway here's my story with examples:

HTML Code:
http://virusti.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=2800&hl=
I spent a huge number of hours tweaking every parameter in the affected patches. I finally found a way to minimize (not eradicate) the pops.

From Config:

1) Change Input from Analog to S/PDIF
2) Change Clock to 48Khz
3) Sync to Internal

The TI is now quite usable, with only occasional pops on some patches.

Lets hope a new OS will finally fix the problem.

-US

Yes, changing your unit for a new one will definately not improve anything. All Ti's have got these clicks in some way. Infact, i don't think any Ti user has a click free unit - no way. I am ready to be proved wrong though, but that is impossible right now.

I also agree that nothing i already own sounds like a Ti. My analog synths are special to me for what they do best - thick juicy sounds. But the Ti sounds great for those animated textures that analog cannot recreate for me. Its one of my best purchases, just cannot wait for the day these clicks go away.

Last edited by Groove66 : 12.07.2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 13.07.2007, 12:38 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove66 View Post
Yes, changing your unit for a new one will definately not improve anything. All Ti's have got these clicks in some way. Infact, i don't think any Ti user has a click free unit - no way. I am ready to be proved wrong though, but that is impossible right now.

I also agree that nothing i already own sounds like a Ti. My analog synths are special to me for what they do best - thick juicy sounds. But the Ti sounds great for those animated textures that analog cannot recreate for me. Its one of my best purchases, just cannot wait for the day these clicks go away.
Yep, I'm with ya there. The sound from the TI is very special. Access got it right in theory but execution was fumbled. Lets hope they step up to the plate and release an OS that sorts this problem once and for all. Forget the new features, just give us a glitch free product. Access have a lot to learn from the likes of KORG who release 1.0 products relatively bug free.

-US.
Old 14.08.2007, 04:27 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Unhappy Pops and Clicks fix

Hi peeps

I got word back from Acces regarding this.

Apparently my motherboard needs replacing.

However there is no guarantee this will be the same solution to everyones problems.

Let us know how yooz get on.

Cheers Steamy[b]
Old 29.08.2007, 02:45 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi SteamyB,

Whats the update? did you get your motherboard replaced.

Apparently on the virusti forum, peeps are saying that it's to do with the LED settings (causing clicks)???

let us know,

cheers.
Old 29.08.2007, 05:23 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Default Not yet

Groove66

My TI KB is still awaiting repair it is expected to be completed after the 10th Sept.

The only engineer at Sound Control who can do this is on his holidays.

I tried the LED 'fix' settings and it only marginally improved clicks but they were still pretty evident.

Will keep you posted.

Steamy[b]