Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.07.2007, 12:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Thumbs up Well said Screams!

Painfully correct sir

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I can say is, this problem with snaps, crackles and pops (sounds like an ad for a cereal), is evident with only the power lead connected and a set of headphones. So why should this be related to USB, midi, drivers, souncards, inputs, outputs and shake it all about puts.

It feels like the TI has been released about 3 or 4 years too early.
In my opinion (and I'm sure you'll have your own) the TI should never have been totally integrated, it should have remained as a hardware synth only. Access could have released a controller keyboard with a software plugin package.

Just my thoughts, no shouting at me please!
I'm tired and on night shift

Digital Screams "phylosopher in music tech"
Old 05.07.2007, 08:38 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Steamy B. any news yet?

Cheers
Old 06.07.2007, 03:34 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Default Not yet Groove

Hi Groove

No sorry I've still no reply from Access as yet!
Just this minute E-mailed them again.

I wonder if it's going to be a major new OS update, it's been a couple of months since the last one.

previous versions were released frequently like every 4 or 5 weeks so I'm expecting one pretty soon.
Old 06.07.2007, 07:24 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi SteamyB

I just heard back from them actually, and still they are not sure whats going on. They can reproduce these clicks, so it's not like we have special Ti's

The thing is, if they dont do anything about it, then go ahead and release something new instead, they should offer some sort of upgrade path, otherwise current users will be seriously pissed...no doubt.

If i dont see any improvments on these clicks in the near future, i am just going to give up and keep the unit for what it is. It looks amazing and sounds great on the majority of patches. I'm loosing so much time and energy over this whole thing, it's just not worth it.

The funny thing is, i was listening to some of my recorded patches that have clicks on them through my Samsung TFT speakers (such tiny spakers) and could not even hear any of these clicks at full volume or lower. They appear on high resolution speakers and most good headphones. I hear them on my Genelecs and Adams as well as my cans, but not on small speakers.

But god knows how many of the rest of the Ti users can actually hear any of these clicks in the first place. Some just don't care (like chap i spoke to yesterday on another fourm - he knows about them but ignore those patches), some live with it (that will be me soon), and others are hoping it's an OS issue (i hope so too).

PS: i have found another Ti user that cannot reproduce clicks on Rom B 49 Halo MS. Maybe he didn't try long enough, not sure. The same goes for ROM F 19 Cremoma HS, i heard no clicks on his mp3 clip through my headphones. He sent me an mp3 clip of the 3 patches and i was suprised to hear no clicks on the first 2 patches. But he did get quite a few clicks on that patch 127 Zeepad in Rom O, which i did hear on this mp3 clip.

Lets see.

Last edited by Groove66 : 06.07.2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09.07.2007, 01:44 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Thumbs up Thnx Groove

This is the reply I got from Access.

"forwarded this to our R&D department. Unfortunately I have no news yet for you. It seems like this happens randomly as I wasn't able to reproduce the clicks today on a patch I was able to do this before.

Does this happen more or less frequently the longer the unit is on?"

Your response was better than the one I got I seem to be going round in circles with them.

As far as 'living with it', I don't think I can.
I have this as a hobby playing/programming keyboards and I don't have a highly paid job.
To pay £1500 for a piece of equipment that doesn't work properly or as stated pisses the life out of me.

You're right if Access were to release something new, those with 'faulty' machines should be given the choice to upgrade.
As you can imagine though there are still loads of bugs on the TI as well as our probs and I hope that Access are still working hard to resolve them.

Steamy
Old 09.07.2007, 09:13 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Going by the responses both of us have got back from Access so far, as well as the research i have been doing in the last few weeks - i think it's safe to say that 'All Virus Ti's' have some sort of clicks going on.

It probably varies from patch to patch on different units, but i have now found 7 Ti users from all over including you (but excluding myself and my first Ti Polar unit) to reproduce clicks on atleast 1 particular patch (good news).

I do have a very strong feeling that this is fixable via an OS update (or a minor hardware mod at the worst, which i seriously doubt is the case). Surely we cannot all have faulty units.

From speaking to the many Ti's users on the web, all have come back saying that they do get the odd clicks once in a while (either from changing a patch, turning up the mod wheel, turning a filter knob, changing an effect, etc), even if they are not able to reproduce clicks on specific patches that other users get clicks on (if you see my point). In simple form, every Ti user must be getting these clicks in some form or another - bottom line.

'SteamyB' - did you ever get a click on patch 31 called EPZeply in rom N? please check it out. I got clicks on this patch with OS 2.0.3 (over a month ago), but i did reinstalled OS 2.0.3 and this patch played back perfectly. I was shocked. But now i have OS 2.0.5 and this same patch is fine, but as you know some are others not.

Access - please fix this soon.

Last edited by Groove66 : 09.07.2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10.07.2007, 01:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Default Stranger still!

Hi Groove

I've not got any clicks on the Rom- N patch although I was expecting it. It is that type of patch I get the clicks.

I didn't hear any clicks on patches today until I played ROM - R Kismet.

Come on Access! I just can't trust any patch at the minute.
Old 10.07.2007, 05:12 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi SteamyB

yeah that Rom N patch is fine on my machine too, maybe a currupted OS update caused it.

So your saying that you heard no clicks today? Even on the patches you normally hear them on?

I assume you still get clicks in Rom O 127 Zeepad SV - This one is a bad one.

I wonder if you can by a hardware click / pop eliminator (seriously). I got Waves plugs, but a simple hardware one would be cool.
Old 11.07.2007, 04:02 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

SteamyB,

I have another patch for you to check..lol.

Its ROM-I 50 Mandoid HS, i get some tiny tiny clicks after a while of playing. It may be more obvious if you put the release up on the ADSR. Or try it as it is.

Cheers.

PS: i was going through some more ROM banks and it seems like there are quite a few patches with clicks, some with delays causing them.
Old 11.07.2007, 04:49 PM
Pro
Pro

Sorry to hear that the TI still makes clicks and pops. That's one of the reasons why I still haven't bought one. In fact, none of my hardware synths make any clicks other than envelope clicks. I had a TI for a testrun a year ago when 1.2.3 was out. Otherwise it sounds good as all virus synths but I agree that the whole TI thing has ruined the quality and the synth is full of problems. I'm still waiting for a bugfree new virus synth...