Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 19.03.2006, 04:37 AM

Default Re: pretty common problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
It's probably the end of Access as a company if they don't pull it together before the summer.
Maybe it's time for one of the big Japanese companies to buy Access, or at least some of their technologies and perhaps hire some of their people. Although I am unaware of them doing anything similar, I imagine Yamaha could fix/finish the TI and bring some quality control to the equation. The TI is a great idea and certainly sounds better (to me) than any Japanese synth I've played lately.

It just appears as though Access bit off more than they could chew with the TI. Heck, a 16-part multitimbral synth with dedicated effects hasn't been done, even without the whole VC angle. These are really smart people to have gotten as far as they have with this project - it'll be interesting to whether or not they can finish it.

A TI that worked as advertised would completely blow the doors off of everything else on the market. I wish them well.
Old 20.03.2006, 11:03 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
A TI that worked as advertised would completely blow the doors off of everything else on the market. I wish them well.

Those were my initial thoughts!!Now its another different thing.I hope that they solve this,im not a pessimist,but access atitude,leaves me thinking its a terrible problem!!They should tell us anything ...Even some recognized forum senators disapeared misteriously !!!
Old 21.03.2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno_nuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7

Those were my initial thoughts!!Now its another different thing.I hope that they solve this,im not a pessimist,but access atitude,leaves me thinking its a terrible problem!!They should tell us anything ...Even some recognized forum senators disapeared misteriously !!!
There's probably no point in making themselves available to handle questions they don't have answers for. I work for a technology company in management/marketing, and often we are completely at the mercy of the product development and programming staff.

Everyone wants to know when 1.1 is going to be ready, along with guarantees of bug fixes and increased functionality. The future of Access is likely closely tied to how effectively they deal with these challenges. If I was the CEO, I wouldn't want my people talking about anything on internet chat boards.
Old 21.03.2006, 02:17 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
[f I was the CEO, I wouldn't want my people talking about anything on internet chat boards.

Dont you know ??? the CEO runned away with a Indian Goddess after shooting product main engineer...

Check it out

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=885191</td>
Old 23.03.2006, 05:11 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

[quote="mw7"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
Heck, a 16-part multitimbral synth with dedicated effects hasn't been done, even without the whole VC angle. These are really smart people to have gotten as far as they have with this project - it'll be interesting to whether or not they can finish it.

thats for sure.
i wish i could help them out, with technical insights but i know nothing.
i would be there in a second and offer free advice.

i have heard the virus ti in the shop and boy does it sound cool.
i havent bought it because of the problems and i am pretty dum with synth technology.
Old 23.03.2006, 11:03 AM
Pro
Pro

I just had my first VTI crash and experienced that noise or saw or whatever, and it was no way as loud as ppl are telling...

from time to time, it won't start up, hanging notes, arp glitches, the usual stuff...
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 24.03.2006, 11:57 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I've had three of these crashes this week. Can't think of anything i've been doing differently (except using the virus as the sound card.) The volume of the noise was deafening.
I'm switching the drivers back to the "built in audio" running the audio out the computer again, and hoping that willl prevent this from happening again.
Old 26.03.2006, 02:11 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Starting to understand what causes crashes and shit saw in my TI.

Fast program changes when playback is on.

Now I remember the same thing happened with Roland MC-909. It was actually the only way to hang up the machine (but mc suffered quietly).

I think it is due to a specific hardware behavior: unlike with soft synths when u change program whatever previous sounds keep playing they maintain their previous characteristics.

The machine simply gets jammed.

If it weren't this crazy sound I would accept this weakness and simply try to remember not to change progs too quickly.

I suggest that we write to Access to request such an improvement/ear and equipment protection: when the DSPs get jammed the sound is cut off.