Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.02.2006, 05:33 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

diy, i think, that's an interesting point. Mi ti is one of the first units sold here in switzerland in october 05. So maybe there are different versions of the TI, because of the production dates...
Old 07.02.2006, 06:45 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

just an update - have yet to experience a dsp crash using both single and multi modes. For the test, I played a few chords repeatedly while changing many parameters (including selecting new sounds)
Old 07.02.2006, 12:57 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

That's interesting, this is obviously a bug of the TIOS. Maybe we should report that to Access, so they can fix it til the next 1.1 update...
Old 10.02.2006, 04:25 PM
Pro
Pro

Hey,

I bought a Ti desktop and it wouldn't even switch on properly so I changed it for another from the shop and it's been pretty much flawless running 1.08.

The only problem I could detect was the crackling on odd parts in Multimode and that could be worked around.

I installed 1.09 last night so I'll see how it goes - if I have problems I'll roll it back to 1.08.
Old 10.02.2006, 05:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
My virus doesn't crash frequently(???!!!) but when it does it's kinda scary and it makes me wonder: Are there any users who run their viruses without any problems and if they exist, do we have bought a faulty unit? Access should really consider about that beacuse my local distributor told me that the first shipment was returned back to access beacuse it was faulty. I don't know if it was a good excuse for the shiping delay here in Greece (one month) or it was true.
the initial shipment does not differ from the rest. there was no recall of units or a shipment which was returned because it didn't work.

if your virus does suffer from constant crashes it appears to be likely that you have a hardware problem. your virus should be serviced. i am aware of the fact that the first revisions of the virus ti operating system did crash but i'm also fairly certain that newer versions are stable. i have a virus ti running here all day, testing things and i honestly can say that it doesn't crash.

best, marc
access music
Old 10.02.2006, 06:51 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Thanks mark, the crashes and the blank screens are occasional but I hear sometimes dsp crash buzzes especially when I use the TI inputs in seq mode. Do you think it's a 1.1 beta 3 issue? I'd like to give 1.1 a try and if the problem still exists I'll contact my distributor.
Old 10.02.2006, 06:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
Thanks mark, I'd like to give 1.1 a try and if the problem still exists I'll contact my distributor.
contact your distributor. what you discover is very different to what we discover here. alternatively contact me privately and explain to me in which way your virus crashs and how i can reproduce it.

best, marc
Old 13.02.2006, 12:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Well, today I've made up my mind, went to the access site and dnloaded official 1.0.9. As I was running 1.1 beta 3 TIOS, now 1.0.9 seems much more
stable even with usb. I've made a test project in sx3 with 4 parts running flawless in virus control most of the time. Realtime export is pretty accurate and the only problem was very occasional missing notes, arp drifting but resyncing asap and with some patches hanging notes, but these problems seem common and not compared with the 1.1 beta mess. No more buzzes,crashes even with the heaviest knob tweaking and at least I have freed up a midi interface on my soundcard. Well done access, my little monster now is ready for tweak n joy after a 4h test everything seems almost fine and I pray for the next update to be 100% problem-free. At least I'm now!!
Old 18.03.2006, 11:10 PM
New here
New here

Hi folks

i dont own the Ti but nearly ! i cant believe what i am reading here . . . ive been told even using just midi cables and audio cables in multi mode the virus ti freaks at times and nearly blows your speakers ?(occasionally it seems but then isnt once every year to much ! you dont spend ?1299 to have this bollocks do you even once ?)

Whats access take on this ? I have emailed then as i want to buy one but i am not buying a synth that locks and spews out noise at high levels

cheers

jachin
Old 19.03.2006, 02:27 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default pretty common problems...

The unbearably loud, monitor-killing sound has been dubbed "Satan's Saw" on the Amphea Virus mailing list. There's an entire thread there on it. Unfortunately, it's very common even on 1.0.9 and with or without VC.

I was a loyal Virus Kb owner, and I am now a very discouraged (now becoming angry) TI owner. Basically, no one should consider buying this synth yet; it's just not ready for real use. Perhaps 1.1 will change this, but I am not optimistic at this point -- along with most of the Virus community from what I can tell. 1.1 is late, but then that was a promise for the NAMM trade show (possibly made by the same marketing folks that announced the Virus almost year before it even shipped).

I expect that there will be a large number of owners that that will begin demanding to return their units for a refund if things don't improve drastically with another two months or so. It's probably the end of Access as a company if they don't pull it together before the summer.