Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.03.2010, 10:49 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

To be fair, I felt it necessary to follow up here on my pop & click rant and mention some surprising results... After having owned my TI1 for some time now I decided it was time to splurge on a TI|2 Polar as I may be using this for gigging some time soon and wanted not only a smaller synth but a TI with more power.

I spent this morning loading up my old singles and multis and lo and behold I have the SAME EXACT issues as before - i.e. pops and clicks! So, the good news is I do not own a faulty or defective TI1. I am thankful for this. The disappointing news is that I apparently eat up way too much processing power in multimode - it seems to be related to heavy use of reverb although I can't say for sure. I will say that the pops and clicks are less frequent in the TI|2 but not only do I still have these issues, I've had the unit lock up on me already and do some crazy light shows when testing the the Multi-Channel mode setting (the same issues I've experienced on my TI1). So, I guess this is just the way these synths are. Hope I did not offend anyone at Access with my rant - it's still a pain, but I can live with it because IMO the Virus TI is, hands down, the ultimate in atmospheric pads and I couldn't live without it.

Bottom line is, for those of you who do experience pops and clicks, particularly in multimode and using a lot of effect, you likely do NOT have a defective unit. Rather the TI is just limited by the sheer amount of processing going on in complex programs.

I would much prefer running into voice stealing / cutoff notes rather than harsh pops and clicks, but this is just something we're going to have to live with.

J.
Old 28.03.2010, 11:06 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I discovered on my ti some time ago that the pops and clicks are due to my computers cpu been overloaded not my ti. I loaded up a project and filled all 16 ti parts with random patches playing simple loops with nothing else in the project. This clearly overloaded my virus but no pops and clicks. Plenty of voice stealing was going on, as I expected yet not a hint of the snap, crackle and pop.

As I said before the only other crackerling I expierence is digital distortion (I persume) fixed by turning down the master output.

If I get pops and clicks I lighten my vst load (cpu hungry pluggins not my virus) by bouncing tracks to audio.

Try watching your cpu meter in the sequencer for the overload. Although the virus isn't producing these vst sounds and the output of these vst's don't pop and click, It's always when the use of too many of these pumps your computers cpu too high that causes my virus to go all rice crispies.
Old 29.03.2010, 06:21 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I use my TI only in stand alone mode so the pops & clicks are not related to any computer issues, unfortunately. - J.
Old 29.03.2010, 09:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

oh dear!!!