Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.07.2009, 09:49 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I'm still getting this too. It's not as frequent as it was before, but still happens in either standalone or VC mode. The blast of noise is the worst part about it for me. I'm on 3.0.3.00.
Old 06.07.2009, 10:09 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I've just read this thread and cleared up a thing or two. I'm also getting the crashing, noise coming out of the outputs like static for 5 seconds and all the LED's going off. I thought my virus TI was seriously ill. I'm using it in stand alone mode too.

I was using OS 3.0.1.15, but have just downgraded to 2.7.5. Now I have a weird problem, the transpose +2 LED is constantly blinking! Could the crashing have messed up an LED do you think?
Old 07.07.2009, 05:55 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_UK View Post
I was using OS 3.0.1.15, but have just downgraded to 2.7.5. Now I have a weird problem, the transpose +2 LED is constantly blinking! Could the crashing have messed up an LED do you think?
I think this was a OS related issue...i bet if you go to OS 3.0.3 the problem will be gone.
Old 07.07.2009, 03:15 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
I think this was a OS related issue...i bet if you go to OS 3.0.3 the problem will be gone.
Oh right cheers, hopefully thats the case.

Does anyone know if the latest official OS or beta OS stops the crashing?
Old 07.07.2009, 05:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie

i have the latest and it still crashes
Old 07.07.2009, 05:51 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

I was reacting on the part Warren was talking about : the transpose +2 LED is constantly blinking!

Normally the latest OS should stop the spontaneus Virus crashing...but it differs with every persons Virus.
My desktop stopped crashing after this update.

I guess that the best thing to do now is contact the Acces helpdesk about your problem....even though they do not really have a solution to the problem...the more people are reporting the problem...the quicker they will come with a solution as they will see that it is really getting to be a big issue.
Old 19.07.2009, 02:37 PM
Infektion taking hold...

So has this been fixed in the new beta? i cant really be bothred installing it unless it has... cheers
Old 24.07.2009, 04:51 PM
New here
New here

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
I was reacting on the part Warren was talking about : the transpose +2 LED is constantly blinking!

Normally the latest OS should stop the spontaneus Virus crashing...but it differs with every persons Virus.
My desktop stopped crashing after this update.

I guess that the best thing to do now is contact the Acces helpdesk about your problem....even though they do not really have a solution to the problem...the more people are reporting the problem...the quicker they will come with a solution as they will see that it is really getting to be a big issue.
Thats the solution to our problem !!!
We all need to register there and and report it, otherwise they'll consider
it as a " minor problem".

So its now on us to make them work on that problem, as I got it too.

I got mine yesterday and after updating to 0s.3 and testing it for an hour hour or so, the leds started to go crazy and the Virus went off and on several times, but no sound could be heard anymore and no control or button did response. When it rebooted , only 3 red 3 and the white leds
lid statically after it shut down again.
After 5 crashes, it heard a horrible noise crash sound trough my speakers; actually very loud. It was the most depressing sound i have ever heard and i sat terrified at my desk, staring at an instrument I had just spent 1700eu
and that i could never use live because of that.Because it's actually a common problem and happens regularly.
Let's say, I am disappointed and angry.
I hope they can fix it, that's why we need to report it to them.
Old 27.07.2009, 04:50 AM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I have actually spoken to Access Music a number of times, they have always returned my calls, and they are completely aware of this very very beyond inconvenient Operating System problem that causes The TI series to crash. They were very genuine in their apology and said that are diligently working to try and get this remedied as soon as possible.

Basically the explanation for not COMPLETELY debugging the O/S was that they released the TI mk.II series a bit premature.

Anyway Access Music told me, that the more people that contact them and give them a detailed synopsis of the circumstances surrounding the crash will help them in getting a good and STABLE O/S as soon as possible, as this problem is really blowing their reputation as a rock solid synthesizer craftsmen. I am just gnawing at the bit, because my Virus (TImk.II 61 key) is sooooo badass and has become my favorite synth, except of course for the whole crashing thing.

peace and hair grease
Nobl1v1on
Old 09.08.2009, 02:17 PM
New here
New here

I have this problem to.(Os 3.0.3.00) Every now and then my Ti Polar(v1) turns off and on for a few seconds (while it plays something) making an ugly sound on my speakers.The good thing is that when i press stop and play on my Cubase5 works like it never happened,sometimes some sounds don't work (if i use more than one usb out) but if i ''save as'' and exit Cubase next time my project plays normal. Oparating sys WinXP pro sp3 x86.