Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.05.2008, 06:08 AM
New here
New here

Default OS 2.7 Public Beta 4 + Cubase 3..

Having tested the public beta 4 with my Cubase 3, using an STA Cport as the primary device, I am forced to acknowledge that upgrading from 2.5.1 was a very poor idea. I'm wondering whether anybody else suffered some of these?

Some of my issues

- some crackling presets / dropouts / missed notes
- sluggish VControl, including some terrible wait times scrolling through presets
- graphical glitching (ie, UI not updating when changing rom bank sometimes)
- frequently out of sync during playback (all settings are as they always were).
- drastically increased latency to the point where i need to enable live mode just to get a prompt latency to play with the midi keyboard (I have never really needed live mode, ever in cubase). This, even when the Virus is hardly doing any work. I don't know whether cubase is jacking up delay compensation.
- not entirely sure on the validity of this one as I have not replicated it over and over to be sure, but pitchwheel data seemed to put it in a bit of a spin (doing strange things to patches). I can't really describe what happened but the pitch would go wacky until I had stopped and restarted the playback.

Anyway, I went back to 2.5.1 without a hitch. New features are always wonderful but I value stability above all else.

I realise that access need people to beta test and so forth but my feeling is that with the type of thing we're involved with, there should have been more emphasis / warnings regarding volatility. In my opinion, putting the public beta on the front page should only occur when things are very close and there are plenty of gamebreaking bugs right now.

Perhaps my experiences are unique, though. I still love my Virus. 2.5.1 is for the most part, great.
Old 22.05.2008, 07:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

is anybody else having above mentioned issues w/ cubase sx3?

thanks, marc
Old 22.05.2008, 09:10 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I was just using my TI Polar with Public Beta 4 in SX3 the other day and didn't experience any crackling or glitchy graphics. I guess I'm one of a few that have had great luck with the public betas. Now that you're back on 2.5.1 and stable, try updating again and see if the problems persist. It could've just been a botchy update.
Old 23.05.2008, 12:03 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Yeh View Post
I was just using my TI Polar with Public Beta 4 in SX3 the other day and didn't experience any crackling or glitchy graphics. I guess I'm one of a few that have had great luck with the public betas. Now that you're back on 2.5.1 and stable, try updating again and see if the problems persist. It could've just been a botchy update.
Being involved in the business of firmware, I can't envision a scenario in that a flash would be flawed to the point where the Virus functioned mostly ok, but with some errors. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong there, just, I have doubts and will wait for a while for a new version before attempting another upgrade.

My guess would be that it is to do with interaction with my interface (sound card). Most of the errors seemed to be timing based. Then cubase would jack up latency and perhaps the glitching was symptomatic of cubase working overtime.
Old 23.05.2008, 12:05 PM
New here
New here

I have also gone back to 2.51 as 2.7 wasn't working properly and the midi kept going out of sync. The atomizer was the dogs but i'll just wait until the proper version comes out. Anyone know when??
Old 18.06.2008, 09:40 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
I have also gone back to 2.51 as 2.7 wasn't working properly and the midi kept going out of sync. The atomizer was the dogs but i'll just wait until the proper version comes out. Anyone know when??
same thing here. upgraded to 2.7 but i find it very unstable. Search funtion is fucked up. Sometimes when you switch between the tabs in the VC they will blend into eithother which is very annoying. Still don't know when the official glitchfree 2.7 will be released. When i do i'll post it here for the people who don't.
Old 19.06.2008, 01:41 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'll have to download the .4 update and see if it improves.

With the .3 update I have graphical glitches when stepping through the patches with the cursor keys and the timing has alot more latency.

This is with Cubase Studio 4 and XP.
Old 19.06.2008, 04:09 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Lightbulb some basic improvement ideas (for better handling)

the problem with the -/+ buttons basically comes from recalled patches,
which show up as RAM-A 0 instead of their initial location ...
due this, once you press program change -/+ ... it's hard to find back.

the cursor keys should act as hot-keys, when browser view is active
(currently you always have to select a patch with the mouse, before the cursor keys will work again).

the soft knobs should highlight the white LED in the Access icon on their stored (default) value. also when editing with Virus Control, it should highlight that LED ... plus an indicator for default value on the GUI would be great.

Last edited by psy604 : 23.06.2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added another idea
Old 20.06.2008, 01:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I have found that notes are held, without VC mode.
Me too is going back to 2.5
Old 20.06.2008, 01:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I have found that notes are held, without VC mode.
Me too is going back to 2.5