Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.05.2009, 10:28 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Differences between sow, TI desktop & TI desktop new version??

I am trying to upgrade from my C to a TI, but which TI? I can't find much info on there differences, from reading up it shows snow only has 4 multi-timberals, as well as has only 512 rom 512 ram. But looking at the TI desktop it looks to have over 2000 total!!! Is this only the new version?

Any other differences u can point out please do. I am not sure which TI is best for me?

Thanks
Old 08.05.2009, 01:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Keep in mind that if you use the Virus Control you can add ass many as you want really so I wouldn't get hung up on that.

The snow obviously has less knobs and more menu diving and also is more portable. I am not sure if the desktop has an audio interface but the snow does so not sure how much that matters to you
Old 08.05.2009, 06:32 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

The only difference between the TI and the TI2 that anyone really knows of is the TI2 has 25% more powerfull processer.Other than that and a slightly newer look they are identicle. Unless you plan on storing everything on the unit itself your computer can store billions of patches so the snow only having a limited patch storage is not really a problem.If you plan on using your virus for more than 4 tracks in the same song I would puchace the dektop,Polar or keyboard versions which are all identicle in layout and capabilitys.All TI versions can be used as an audio interface.
Old 08.05.2009, 09:49 PM
New here

another quesiton does the virus do all the processing power, or does the virus have the computer do some of the processing as well

another question it looks like on the snow you have 3 knobs to do most of the editing, what happens like when you want to edit a envelope which generally uses 4-5 knobs??
Old 08.05.2009, 10:06 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel418 View Post
another quesiton does the virus do all the processing power, or does the virus have the computer do some of the processing as well

another question it looks like on the snow you have 3 knobs to do most of the editing, what happens like when you want to edit a envelope which generally uses 4-5 knobs??

You can page through parameters on the snow

as for processing I would assume the computer does some as I hear people say the sound is not always as thick through the VC as the analog outs
Old 08.05.2009, 10:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehunter View Post
as for processing I would assume the computer does some as I hear people say the sound is not always as thick through the VC as the analog outs
the sound is the same, in fact why should the sound be degraded intentionally? VC needs some processing power to communicate with the driver but with nowadays computers, that doesn't matter anymore.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 08.05.2009, 10:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

When the computer processes the audio via USB, the sound is not as nice, this is FO SHO!!!!!!!!! The analog outs sound much nicer.

IMHO
Old 09.05.2009, 01:18 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the sound is the same, in fact why should the sound be degraded intentionally? VC needs some processing power to communicate with the driver but with nowadays computers, that doesn't matter anymore.

best, marc

Doesnt the Virus use its DSP to process when used analog and in VC the computer does the processing?
Old 09.05.2009, 04:38 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
When the computer processes the audio via USB, the sound is not as nice, this is FO SHO!!!!!!!!! The analog outs sound much nicer.

IMHO
ditto on this one, analog outs sound better to my ears. It could just be as simple as introducing artifacts (desirable or otherwise) through cabling as well as the quality of the audio device used and it's A/D converters, and I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make the analog outs sound crappy, but there's something to be said about the way the sound is coming out and how it gets back into the box. I cannot speak however for what the actual process is of how USB audio is transmitted and what kind of things can degrade the signal, not intentionally, but just through the process of getting in the computer...jitter? quantization errors? Beats me.
Old 10.05.2009, 12:52 AM
New here

i have read conflicting info about the 2000 rom, is it on both old and new TI??