Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.04.2009, 05:45 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Sending Audio into the virus with s/pdif? (unsolved)

I've got an old emu proteus i was wanting to send into the Audio inputs of my virus via s/pdif. Anyone ever tried sending audio in this way before had a good look and can't find much about it on the forum or net? I get a midi clock/sync error when i try and the input volume is real quiet. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Chewie : 16.04.2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: forgot status in title
Old 16.04.2009, 10:05 AM
New here
New here

I have tried it a while ago and I think I have run more in audio clock (sample rate) conflicts rather than midi clock but it worked in a certain way.

I am not in front of the devices right now, so can't test it again, but I recall when the TI was in SEQ mode and wanted to fed the spdif input of the TI via my audio interface (because it just does not have a second stereo analog output to which I could route audio) I couldn't set an appropriate sample rate which wouldn't give me a conflict message on the TI. despite of this it worked

it's probably on the account of lack on routine but if anyone using it successfully without this conflict please shed some light on the most important settings.Thx
Old 17.04.2009, 01:02 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Chewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
I've got an old emu proteus i was wanting to send into the Audio inputs of my virus via s/pdif. Anyone ever tried sending audio in this way before had a good look and can't find much about it on the forum or net? I get a midi clock/sync error when i try and the input volume is real quiet. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi

I've have the sync error using the S/PDIF on the virus also.
I get it conneted via an MPC 2500 and more recently a Yamaha XS6
There is no problem with the audio but I always get the error message on booting the Virus.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I've tried boot order and changing the clock freq on all machines to auto but it still happens.

Steamy(B)
Old 17.04.2009, 02:31 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I too get this. I am using an Echo Audofire8 interface, and every time I boot the Virus I get this error clock error message. Nothing I do can remedy this, either by changing the sync source in the Virus itself, or from my Audiofire8 mixer panel. I too get audio through, however, trying to record gets intermittent loud crackles.