Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.10.2005, 01:32 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Xtigma
Default Transpose TI feature suggestion..

any chance of adding a feature to the transpose where holding down shift and pussing a transpose key would transpose up 1 note at a time ?

that would be nice for me personally... mebby of little use to others
Old 19.10.2005, 01:47 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: Transpose TI feature suggestion..

hardly
Old 19.10.2005, 01:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

That sounds intuitive enough, except the leds cant show a transpose of one octave plus 3 semitones. Maybe the LCD could tell you that you in semi transpose. I could either be a performance thing, ie not saved in your patch. Or a patch thing.
Old 19.10.2005, 04:04 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtigma
any chance of adding a feature to the transpose where holding down shift and pussing a transpose key would transpose up 1 note at a time ?

I suggested this through support week before last - with any luck, might come in when they do the Remote feature for us idiots who cant transpose on the fly to deal with other idiot who play sax and the like
Old 19.10.2005, 06:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I quite like the idea - no need for the led's to tell you jumps of less than an octave, as the display would do that for you anyway.
Old 12.11.2005, 08:14 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Xtigma

I just noticed this feature has now been added!!!

yay
Old 12.11.2005, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtigma

It would be of use to everyone m8....and its great to see your suggestion implemented. I did mention it on this board sometime ago myself.....as its a necessary feature of the DX7 (since the extreme tunings are necessary for cool sounds!) and no one likes to re-tune evertime they record or jam! Can I just clarify......when you transpose is this saved as part of the patch?

Another suggestion of mine would be to implement the possiblity to keyboard split and create zones....WITHOUT having to use a computer to do that. Particually useful for when your jamming with m8's and/or wanting to explore ideas. Not everyone has/or wants to use the synth with computers....old skool baby (surely this could be implemented by pressing both value buttons and pressing the key u wish the split to occur at)

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 12.11.2005, 01:32 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Another suggestion of mine would be to implement the possiblity to keyboard split and create zones....WITHOUT having to use a computer to do that.
Erm... you've been able to do this since the Virus A, DS! And in actual fact, it has to be done via the hardware now, as the VC doesn't support multi mode.
Old 13.11.2005, 08:37 AM
New here
New here

One more feature suggestion (I suggested it earlier in some other thread, but since Ben seems to be reading this...):

Filter feedback. Everything coming out after the filters+amp would be fed back into the filter inputs (right after the oscillators). The amount of feedback would be controlled with a knob/parameter. This way you could create some really ballsy bass sounds and screaming leads with a much different character to other methods. This feature can be found from old analog HW synths, but not from many modern VA's.
Old 13.11.2005, 09:40 AM
Veteran
Veteran

In a DSP or VA synth there is a small delay for each step in the synth chain. I believe this makes it difficult to sound right because it's not real time feedback and it would sound phasy.