Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.12.2009, 10:10 PM
New here
New here

Default Next stable release?

Anybody have any idea when the next stable release is coming for the TI's?

Have had the beta on my Mac for a few months now, looking for Access to finally work the kinks out.
Old 10.12.2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

They usually keep schtum as to dates of new versions, etc.

Which kinks would you like to see ironed out?
Old 11.12.2009, 02:17 AM
New here
New here

I will get random pops/clicks in my audio, sometimes the Virus will crash my DAW. I use Pro Tools LE 8 and Logic Studio 9, the 3.3 beta simply won't even operate in Pro Tools and in Logic I'll get the errors i just spoke of. I have a Mac, just switched from a PC. On a PC the synth wasn't even tolerable, crashes and sync problems left and right, and that was WITH a dedicated PCIe USB card. I don't have one on my Mac, but to be honest I'm skeptical as to how big of a difference it really makes. I understand very well that it has solved a lot of problems for a lot of people, that's great. But in my past experience as stated above, it helped; didn't cure. The performance pre and post PCIe card in my old PC didn't produce much difference to speak of (and for the record, I was running a Core 2 Quad with 8gb of ram, Windows XP). I consider myself a pretty patient person, I love my Virus and can't wait for a day when operating it is bug free....but c'mon....seriously? It's been a second.

-Chris
Old 11.12.2009, 07:22 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I want it to work with the new quad core imac...

have you ever heard that fugazi song, waiting room:

I'm a patient boy, I wait, I wait , I wait...
Old 12.12.2009, 05:13 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywhereican View Post
I will get random pops/clicks in my audio, sometimes the Virus will crash my DAW. I use Pro Tools LE 8 and Logic Studio 9, the 3.3 beta simply won't even operate in Pro Tools and in Logic I'll get the errors i just spoke of. I have a Mac, just switched from a PC. On a PC the synth wasn't even tolerable, crashes and sync problems left and right, and that was WITH a dedicated PCIe USB card. I don't have one on my Mac, but to be honest I'm skeptical as to how big of a difference it really makes. I understand very well that it has solved a lot of problems for a lot of people, that's great. But in my past experience as stated above, it helped; didn't cure. The performance pre and post PCIe card in my old PC didn't produce much difference to speak of (and for the record, I was running a Core 2 Quad with 8gb of ram, Windows XP). I consider myself a pretty patient person, I love my Virus and can't wait for a day when operating it is bug free....but c'mon....seriously? It's been a second.

-Chris
Why are you running beta? What was wrong with 3.1 for you?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 14.12.2009, 01:39 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iand View Post
Why are you running beta? What was wrong with 3.1 for you?
the snow leopard support for me
Old 15.12.2009, 03:12 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Well I guess your problems are the price to be paid for running a recently released os.
I'll probably upgrade this time next year when things are ironed out.
Although nothing in S.leopard is worth it to me to sacrifice stability, to each their own I guess...
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 20.12.2009, 12:51 AM
New here
New here

My mac came pre installed with Snow Leopard, I'm not about to backdate my OS for this synth to run.

Digidesign of all companies has even beat Access to solid support for Snow Leopard.....that says something.

Really wish Access would get on the ball

-Chris
Old 20.12.2009, 04:38 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

You couldn't even install an older OS if you wanted to.

Yeah, that really chaffs my ass about apple. When I got my MB Pro I wanted
to install Tiger, but no it wouldn't even boot.

That sucks. Just be patient, access is good about updates.
But whether it's stable or not...we'll see.
Old 20.12.2009, 03:46 PM
New here
New here

I'm most certainly going to keep my head up and be patient, this is one of the nicest synths i've ever used and for that reason alone I tip my hat to Access..