Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.11.2009, 03:52 AM
New here
New here

Default is there an O.S that contains no flaws

maybe i'm asking for something that doesnt exist??

the thing i dont get is every O.S has 'updates' and 'bug fixes' (like most software/firmware updates i guess..)

most of these fixes seem to deal with either new features access try to implement or new O.S on the host computer or both..

i have tried so far

2.5.1 2.7.2 2.7.3 3.0 2.7.5

each of these o.s contains flaws......the flaws are all listed on this forum..from all sorts of poeple with all sorts of setups..

3.0 was the most f*%ked for me because i lost numerous patches over a period of weeks....(the ti thought it was in bank A when it was in bank B, in bank c when in bank D.. Patches would not 'reload' when scrolling -+ out of the patch and back in... ie: PRETTY MUCH USELESS IF YOU CANT SAVE PATCHES !!! )

I am not a novice when concerning how to correctly setup the ti ...

Is there an O.S for the ti that WORKS for EVERYONE??

Am i living in FANTASY LAND??

do access eva get to a point in time and say :

"shit folks, we have got an O.S that works for you all"

now.... some of you will think you're ti works fine...

but.....have you tried EVERY SINGLE function on the ti and used ALL these functions regulary? I would propbably think not! it would not make sense to use ALL the ti's options regulary ..ie: too many routing options for a start,both in and out of the ti. then there is multimode, single mode for example.. I think there would only be a handful of poeple world wide that would use the ti in all of its setups all of the time....and these people dont post here cause they're too freakn busy...

IS it a matter of finding an O.S that 'works for me'

If this is the case i'm yet to find it....

as i said at the top:

maybe i'm asking for something that doesnt exist??
Old 29.11.2009, 09:16 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Good luck searching for that OS

I love the virus, but it is still too often that I am sitting playing even just the factory patches when I get stuck notes, audio glitches, controls misbehaving, etc. and I wonder to myself how many people at access actually spend real time just playing their own instrument.

There are plenty of positives, though. Their support team try to respond to everything you send them (although don't bother asking them to test something for themselves..), we got OS 3 with TI2 features for free on the TI1, the factory patch banks are really great and contain patches from some really talented folks, etc.

I do wish they'd nail all the stand-alone issues at least (of course, that's what I use most!). Maybe one day. It gets better, but very, very slowly.
Old 09.12.2009, 04:12 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I've put about 20 hours on 3.1 and so far out of 4 years of os' it's the best, for me anyway.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein