Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.01.2009, 11:20 PM
New here
New here

Default Can`t sync my Virus TI

First of all, Hi everybody!
Second, i did search the forum before posting.

I just got my Virus TI2 Desktop (first virus ever) yesterday. However, i am having major problems with it.

When i open the Virus Control in Cubase 4.5.2 it does not synchronize the patches, so i have NO patches in the Virus Control.(Except the ones in the software; Atomizer examples, tutorial patches...see picture) The only response i get from the Virus Control is when i tweak the knobs.. so midi, but no sound. (There is sound from the Virus when i use the Audition button and from the demosong directly through my sound card)

I have tried the 2.7.5.0 OS, the 3.0 beta OS (it didnt even find my virus) and the 2.7.0.2..none of them seems to synchronize the patches.

I think i have installed and uninstalled the virus 10 times, and changing the usb ports, read the tutorials and whatnots.

So if anyone has a clue about what to do it would be very appreciated!

The Virus is damn fine to look at, but i still want to get some sounds out of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cubaseTI.jpg (94.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 31.01.2009, 09:16 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Try another usb cable?

If that's not it you might want to return it. I've heard of a few lemon virusi.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 31.01.2009, 02:46 PM
New here
New here

I tried, but still the same.. i even tried on another computer.

Ill guess i have to ask access support
Old 02.02.2009, 11:57 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I am wondering if your install of the virus control and the virus TI update went smoothly. When updating or going back to a previous OS, the machine has to reinstall the drivers, and also update the info on the synth EVERYTIME. I have the original Virus TI Polar and do know that the synth and the virus control has to be 1 to 1 or on the same page so to speak in order to communicate.

Are you using the same USB port? The Virus TI series has to always use the same USB port when you use the machine with USB.

Have you selected the Virus TI, not Virus Synth or Virus Midi on your midi port section?

Have you totally started from scratch - uninstall the drivers and software, possible delete any info in the registry (Windows - run, then regedit)?

Have you tried to unplug the power source, then re plug, the hold down ARP Edit till lights flash, then release the button to re-set the virus then try to update after unistalling everything and having a clean slate to work with?
Old 03.02.2009, 11:23 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot Matrix View Post
I am wondering if your install of the virus control and the virus TI update went smoothly. When updating or going back to a previous OS, the machine has to reinstall the drivers, and also update the info on the synth EVERYTIME. I have the original Virus TI Polar and do know that the synth and the virus control has to be 1 to 1 or on the same page so to speak in order to communicate.

Are you using the same USB port? The Virus TI series has to always use the same USB port when you use the machine with USB.

Have you selected the Virus TI, not Virus Synth or Virus Midi on your midi port section?

Have you totally started from scratch - uninstall the drivers and software, possible delete any info in the registry (Windows - run, then regedit)?

Have you tried to unplug the power source, then re plug, the hold down ARP Edit till lights flash, then release the button to re-set the virus then try to update after unistalling everything and having a clean slate to work with?
Thanks for your reply!

I can basically say yes to all those questions except the starting from scratch (reinstalling windows, formatting etc). However, i have tried the Virus on my friends studio pc and gotten the exact same results.

But, i am currently mailing back and forth with tech support and doing some sort of changing/programming on my TI manually step by step...but i dont know what exactly..

But i will keep you posted if i manage to fix the problem.. or dont..