Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.05.2008, 09:50 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via Yahoo to Risey
Default Pro Tools 7.4 users / new OS Virus TI problem

I have been having problems with the new OS, it crashes pro tools on start up loading page, its when the snow plugin tries to load. I myself have the Virus TI Keybord.

Anyway, I was sent an experimental fix yesterday by Access and Digidesign told me they will be contacting Access on this problem also.
Now… the fix replaces the plug-in files in your Pro Tools, after doing this, pro tools worked fine, however, any session that contained the virus plugin crashes or hung for ages.
If anyone would like these files just in case it may work for your PC, you can send me a private message or email at djrise@tiscali.co.uk and I shall forward them to you.

I know how frustrating it can be not being able to work on your new projects.
I myself have rolled everything back to previous version again that came on disc.
Ryan
Old 18.05.2008, 08:23 PM
New here
New here

Thumbs down virus control sucks

Hi

Yeah i have had exactly the same issues with vc and pro tools 7.4.

Access support sent me new dpm. files to replace those in the plug in folder.
This only allows Pro Tools to open, but when you try to open an instance of VC Pro Tools crashes.

After a few more e mails to Access, they have finally admitted that there is no solution to the problem and have suggested that I roll back to the previous o/s. Ironically this never worked properly for me either. I had tons of sync issues. ARPS and tempo'd lfo's out of time and a wierd pitch bend effect on sounds when playing back midi recordings.

I find it infuriating that Access can't get VC to work properly, given the initial cost of the unit and that VC for me was its biggest selling point.

I think they should get current hardware to function properly before they plough money and resources into new product lines.

Shame on you Access.

They should take a long look at products like the Rob Papen Albino 3 synth which as well as being sonically amazing can be bought at a fraction of the cost of a TI and more importantly it works !!!
Old 18.05.2008, 08:25 PM
New here
New here

Thumbs down virus control sucks

Hi

Yeah i have had exactly the same issues with vc and pro tools 7.4.

Access support sent me new dpm. files to replace those in the plug in folder.
This only allows Pro Tools to open, but when you try to open an instance of VC Pro Tools crashes.

After a few more e mails to Access, they have finally admitted that there is no solution to the problem and have suggested that I roll back to the previous o/s. Ironically this never worked properly for me either. I had tons of sync issues. ARPS and tempo'd lfo's out of time and a wierd pitch bend effect on sounds when playing back midi recordings.

I find it infuriating that Access can't get VC to work properly, given the initial cost of the unit and that VC for me was its biggest selling point.

I think they should get current hardware to function properly before they plough money and resources into new product lines.

Shame on you Access.

They should take a long look at products like the Rob Papen Albino 3 synth which as well as being sonically amazing can be bought at a fraction of the cost of a TI and more importantly it works !!!
Old 20.05.2008, 07:38 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Risey, could you be a little more descriptive on how to reproduce this problem? Or is there any details that you left out of your initial post?

I've been running my Virus TI Desktop and Polar with Pro Tools 7.3 and 7.4 and haven't ever had any issues with opening Pro Tools sessions that used Virus|Control. I tried to reproduce this with the new OS 2.7 public beta 4 on Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3 (there is a cs4 update that I have not yet applied), but have had no luck.

New Pro Tools session.
Create 3 stereo instrument tracks.
Insert "Virus TI" on Inst 1
On Inst 2 and 3, assign MIDI outs channel 2 and 3, respectively.
On Inst 2, set the audio input to Virus TI channel 3+4
On Inst 3, set the audio input to Virus TI channel 5+6
Save. Close session. Reopen session (ctrl+shift+o). No crash
Quit PT. Relaunch PT and reopen session. No crash.

Am I missing something here?

Have you tried trashing Pro Tools' preferences and databases?
Old 20.05.2008, 08:31 PM
New here
New here

Are you using vista ulltimaTE
Old 20.05.2008, 08:33 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Yeh View Post
Risey, could you be a little more descriptive on how to reproduce this problem? Or is there any details that you left out of your initial post?

I've been running my Virus TI Desktop and Polar with Pro Tools 7.3 and 7.4 and haven't ever had any issues with opening Pro Tools sessions that used Virus|Control. I tried to reproduce this with the new OS 2.7 public beta 4 on Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3 (there is a cs4 update that I have not yet applied), but have had no luck.

New Pro Tools session.
Create 3 stereo instrument tracks.
Insert "Virus TI" on Inst 1
On Inst 2 and 3, assign MIDI outs channel 2 and 3, respectively.
On Inst 2, set the audio input to Virus TI channel 3+4
On Inst 3, set the audio input to Virus TI channel 5+6
Save. Close session. Reopen session (ctrl+shift+o). No crash
Quit PT. Relaunch PT and reopen session. No crash.

Am I missing something here?

Have you tried trashing Pro Tools' preferences and databases?
Are you using vista ulltimate or xp

Tell me more about trashing Pro Tools' preferences and databases.

I really am having horrendous probs with vista and virus control.

Cheers
Old 20.05.2008, 11:25 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I am on Windows XP SP3.

Here is a support article from the Digidesign website on how to delete Pro Tools' preferences and databases in Vista:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=29201

Also... intitially, after I installed OS 2.7, my Virus TI plug-in would not show up. Only the Virus TI Snow plug-in and of course, I couldn't use that. I emailed Access about this and it kind of baffled them. They suggested pulling the Virus TI Snow plug-in files and this fixed my problem. I just moved the 2 files to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder and now the regular Virus TI plug-in works fine.

Last edited by Hell Yeh : 20.05.2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 21.08.2008, 03:43 PM
New here
New here

Hi Guys,
Seems to be a new OS out today, in the fix release file it mentions pro tools fix, i will be installing it later to see if the old problems still exisit.
2.5 disc at the ready (again for the 4rth time lol)

Ryan
Old 21.08.2008, 11:08 PM
New here
New here

Surprise Surprise, it didn’t work, it crashed as usual, I then thought of another approach, I loaded up pro tools started a new session, it took 6 mins for pro tools to load, the virus plug-in seemed to work so I let it do its thing, sync patches, ok.. Now it was time to load my previous session and it crashed, second time it then gave me a DFD memory problem.
I then installed 2.5 again and everything is back to normal working fine…
I wonder what pro tools fix they actually did cause it certainly don’t work with my Pro tools for the 6th time..

Ryan
Old 04.09.2008, 04:51 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Hey Risey,

I know you said Access had sent you some new .dpm files for the TI... but have you tried removing the plug-in files for the TI Snow? For some reason, in Pro Tools, the Virus TI plug-in will not be selectable unless the Virus TI Snow plug-in is removed. Everytime I update the OS, it installs new plug-in files, including the Virus TI Snow. So each time, I have to remove that plug-in again. If you haven't done so already, try going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-ins and either delete or remove the 2 files for the Virus TI Snow. I have to remove the TI Snow plug-in files otherwise, like you, Pro Tools will crash when loading the Virus TI plug-in.

Long story short... just remove the Virus TI Snow plug-in files and then see if you can open existing sessions that use Virus|Control.