Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.02.2009, 04:49 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Quirks with external audio processing

Hi again. I know I bitched before about Cubase 4.52 not properly rendering external audio processed through the Virus and back out again to the sequencer. I was told it was a problem with Cubase and to move on. I have done so, but am now having two other very annoying problems that hopefully somoene can shed some light on more than my other mentioned problem.

1.) I thought all modern sequencers had proper delay compensation? I thought the Ti itself was to be sample accurate and be delay compensated? Well for me, this isn't the case. Allow me to explain. I am a fond user of Halion. Halion is capable of multiple virtual outputs, each of which can be assigned to a different physical output of my audio interface, in my case, the Echo Audiofire 8. I have two seperate breakbeat loops, assigned to two different virtual outputs in Halion. Mono 1 and Mono 2. Mono 1 is being played out of my S/PDIF OUTS of my Audiofire8 into the Virus for processing. I then have the Virus Ti outputs 1 assigned to play out of the analog outs 1 and 2 of my Audiofire8. Mono 2 is being played straight out of the analog outs 1 and 2 of my Audiofire8 without first going through the Virus for processing. If I assign both loops to play out of the analog outs 1 and 2 without one going into the Virus first for processing, all is fine. If I play only the one loop into the Virus and back out of the Virus through analog outs 1 and 2 all is fine. If I play the second loop on its own from Mono 2 of Halion through analog outs 1 and 2 of my Audiofire8 again, all is fine. The problem is when I play both loops together. The one going straight into the Virus, back out of the Virus through Analog outs 1 and 2, and the second loop which is playing out straight through analog outs 1 and 2 without going through the Virus first. When played back the two loops are not in time at all. Not even close. It sounds like a train wreck, shoes in the dryer, whatever you want to call it. Obviously the first loop is delayed having to pass through the Virus before going back out of my Audiofire8, as opposed to the second loop which is just going straight through the Audiofire8. I really expected Cubase 4.52 to have compensated for this delay but it is not the case at all. I have tried so much to remedy this and nothing. I cannot make a song with only 1 loop, but the minute I add any other loops/samples from within Halion the entire project falls apart if I want to use the Virus for processing. Can anyone sort me out as perhaps I am missing something? Should I be able to do what I am attempting without issue?

2.) Is it not possible to have Atomizer enabled PLUS use the filters, effects etc of the Virus at the same time? If I have Atomizer off, I can use the filters/effects etc, without issue using an external audio source. If I enable Atomizer however, the Atomizer will work, but now filters, effects etc take no affect. Is there a way to use the processing of the virus with the Atomizer Simultaneously, or is this another limitation?

I really love the new character tones, as well as the filters on the Virus, but being so limited is really having me regret getting it for processing external sounds. It is seeming very inefficient unless someone can sort me out otherwise.

Sorry for the long read/rant. I appreciate the read and any help that anyone can give me.

Thanks kindly.
Old 05.02.2009, 11:35 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Not a single other user out there has an answer as to why external sounds processed through the Ti don't play back in time with the rest of the track? Am I the only person with this problem?

No one else knows if it is possible to process external sounds through the filters and effects AND use Atomizer at the same time?
Old 05.02.2009, 12:06 PM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

I don't know about Cubase, I haven't used it with a TI.

The Atomizer uses the filters and effects, it disables envelopes and oscillators. Check the Atomizer manual out for more info.

The character effect is not available for external processing afaik, I doubt it would do anything much to audio.