Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.10.2005, 09:16 PM
New here
New here

Default My first bug list - Virus TI Desktop

I received my Virus TI desktop yesterday.
First thing I did was to turn the back panel 90 degrees so I could rack mount it. Pretty easy procedure. But the manual might have to be rewritten a bit? Theres steps missing in the manual.

And after installing the newest firmware (1.0.2r2) from the website, I could get started.

So heres my first bug list after the first session.

1: The holes on the rack ears for the desktop model seem to be placed wrong. You cant rack mount it in a standard rack. Either the upper or the lower holes comes in the wrong place compared to the holes in the rack itself. It's like the holes on the rack ears has been placed wrong vertically.

2: I hear a "ticking" sound from the TI at random times. While I hear the
"ticking" I can see the volume bars for "VTI 1" go up and down in the mixer. It comes and goes randomly (havent found a pattern yet).

3: This is a serious bug. The connection to the Virus TI goes down now and
then while using "Virus Control". It only happens when I change the sound. The only way to recover the connection is to turn off and then on the Virus TI again.

I couldn't replicate this bug today. It was gone! (for now)

4: The sound are getting "cut off" while using the sound at a fast BPM (for
example, this happens to "DromeCroms" - not sure about the name! (cant read my own notes - bad handwriting)).

I couldn't replicate this bug today. It was gone! (for now)

5: Very high latency! Not really sample accurate. I use a MOTU 2408MK3 as "main sound card". The latency for the Virus TI is MUCH higher than for any other software synth. When I change the setting on the MOTU (lower the buffert) I get a quite nice latency on the Virus TI. But it's weird that the latency is as high as it is.

6: The latency goes up to really bad values after applying software effects on an audio channel from the Virus TI. The latency doesn't go back to normal as you remove the effects. But the value of the latency is still the same for the MOTU.

My system is:
P4 3.8ghz. 1000 mhz FSB.
2GB RAM
MOTU 2408MK3

If anyone has any suggestions to solve any of these bugs, please tell me!

Thanks in advance

/CJ
Old 07.10.2005, 11:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

re: number 6.
That will happen with any vsti followed by an audio plugin with high latency. You could do a test with a simple vsti and the same audio plugin.
Old 08.10.2005, 12:29 AM
New here
New here

>re: number 6.
>That will happen with any vsti followed by an audio plugin with high latency. >You could do a test with a simple vsti and the same audio plugin.

I have done that. Have never had this problem with other VSTi's or any other audio plugin with high latency.

For example, a simple VSTi and one of the standard effects in Cubase SX = no problem what so ever. But with Virus TI - see "number 6".

/CJ
Old 08.10.2005, 12:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

So maybe you could quanify the latency with some measurement, like "it feels like 50milliseconds behind the keypress" Give us some idea of the latency.
Old 08.10.2005, 12:54 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations

Yes, Zero latency. As in Zero latency Accuracy. Just no way around it. Kick drum comes down...Virus drags behind it. Is there a way to run the usb Virus Control without using the usb for the midi part? I plugged in the midi cable at the same time and just got a crazy midi feedback loop.

I even tried routing the Virus through my Tascam US-122 and got the same results. With the usb audio.

I was under the impression that as long as your sound interface worked smothly so would the virus.

Remember "Midi Hell" ? Im in "Virus Hell" Midi hell would be a vacation.

Well thats what I get for bitching about it now being released soon enough. Careful what you wish for...

Just how should I set this thing up?
Logic 7.1.1
Old 08.10.2005, 09:04 AM
New here
New here

I can confirm I too get the 'random ticks' every now and then. This was under EnergyXT. Seems to happen just after a preset change. I suspect it may be a slight bug in the FX handling.
Old 08.10.2005, 11:31 AM
New here
New here

>So maybe you could quanify the latency with some measurement, like "it >feels like 50milliseconds behind the keypress" Give us some idea of the >latency.

as for "number 6" on my list, I would guess it was over 100 ms - hard to say (but it was really bad, you pressed the key and could watch the key go up before the sound was heard).

But this only happened when I had applied effects on one of the Virus TI audio channels. Weird thing was that when I removed the effect, the latency was still there.

But...before I added the effect, the latency was "ok".
Old 08.10.2005, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I get no 3 when changing the delay type on some patches while a track is playing going to usb outputs. A reboot of the virus hardware fixes it.

ten
Old 08.10.2005, 11:47 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Xtigma

yeah i get ticks too.. good to know it isnt me....

btw... if you have any sync problems in that the virus is playing too early... grab the voxengo delay plugin... i use that on my input channels.. now it plays in sync (of course if its playing late thats not going to do you much good)