Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23.09.2013, 02:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
It has since been deleted, but there **was** rather lengthy spam post that appeared not only here but in several other subject/threads by same new user.

Just wanted to be clear, was not projected towards you, Tweakhead, at all!

The user manual is already available for pulse 2 on Waldorf's website as well as more sample sounds.
will take a look at it! I'm willing to bet, judging by the looks of it, it's got the same type of encoders that went with the Blofeld - not exactly my cup of tea - so really expecting to see if they're going to make something different, this time, with the keyboard version. an extended interface with more knobs, sort like the Virus and Nord Lead, which have in common very instant access to most common parameters (granted the Virus still has a lot of menu diving, not so much with the Nord, but you feel like you're using analogue gear with both). No better example then Evolver vs Mono Evolver Keyboard. With the kind of features included, if they release this extended model with more knobs on it, it may become one of the most interesting monsters of current times!

Rob, don't worry about it! Thought you had posted in the wrong thread, never thought that would be on me

hope everything goes well for Waldorf, would really like to see them make the kind of synthesizers they did in the 90's, this new team. the color scheme on this one reminds me of those times, I particularly enjoy it. also liked the special black edition of the Blofeld more so then the standard one (same thing with the Virus Polar and Snow, I may have a thing for dark instruments ). wouldn't mind to get a yellow or orange hybrid from them in the future. strangely enough, I think their wave tables are still very unique and sound much better then Massive and very different from those on the Virus ti (based on Largo and Blofeld, never got to play with the older ones, even though the Blofeld has a lot of wave shapes from them included), and also really enjoy the kind of modulation options you usually have with them: lfos going into audio rate speed is awsome, being able to use them for FM is also very cool. lfo>osc pitch, envelope>lfo rate with huge amount and also controlling filter cuttoff, then first highpass filter into a comb filter modulated with another lfo and we're talking Waldorf signature sound here, total metalic sharp wierdness eheh (I mean it the good way!)

^^
don't know if this kind of sound I associate with Waldorf is still true with their analogue machines.