Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.02.2007, 11:45 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Wanting to use TI as Souncard... explanation pls

Hey All

I want to try out using the TI as my main soundcard. Presently I use a Yamaha MW12 mixer as my soundcard.

So, do I simply leave all the current inputs to the MW12 as they are, but take the output from the mixer to the TI Input instead of to the Monitors?

Assuming this is correct, can I then remove the USB from my Yamaha MW12?

Also - doing it this way I would have the TI out1/2 going to channels in the MW12, then back out of the Main OUT of mixer to the TI Input. Is this correct for this setup?

Cheers all.
Old 07.03.2007, 10:38 PM
New here
New here

I think you should unplug the usb off the mw12 but you would'nt have to take the TI main out back in the mixer, but i'm not 100% sure
Old 10.03.2007, 04:42 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hey All

I want to try out using the TI as my main soundcard. Presently I use a Yamaha MW12 mixer as my soundcard.

So, do I simply leave all the current inputs to the MW12 as they are, but take the output from the mixer to the TI Input instead of to the Monitors?

Assuming this is correct, can I then remove the USB from my Yamaha MW12?

Also - doing it this way I would have the TI out1/2 going to channels in the MW12, then back out of the Main OUT of mixer to the TI Input. Is this correct for this setup?

Cheers all.

Just to try it out, I would take the TI analog outs to a new channel on your mixer, select the Virus TI ASIO driver in your application.

I assume you would be choosing the Virus driver instead of the Yamaha driver so there would be no need to disconnect it. Does it have its own power? You might need the USB power anyway. Just keep the volume low at first.

Last edited by cs759 : 10.03.2007 at 04:49 PM.