Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.08.2009, 01:29 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default You know!!!

I've had my TI desktop for about 2 years now...Not only do I get some really sick bass out of it....I also cruedly travel with it (carrying it on my lap on the bus or wit ha backpack strap clipped to the rack mount ears for example) and I havn't had a single thing fail on me....none of my knobs are loose....I havn't had to send it back...very minor OS problems(C'mon be realistic how many synths out there even do 4 patchs at once). Overall I would like to see some of the other synths around put up with the punishment I've put mine through and see it still work.

Ha ha it has tons of character marks on it!
Old 02.08.2009, 10:40 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambler View Post
I agree, report a bug if you have one, Access have very good customer service from my experience.
i did report the ' bug ' which was making the sound outs ( headphones and direct audio outs ( glicth when i tried to run 5 multi parts and about 17 midi notes ( about 5 at any one time ) I emailed and asked why it was doing this and they emailed back quickly and said ' its voice stealing ' when i asked why the ti glicthes and breaks up the audio when you use to many voices they said this was user error , i was overloading the machine and expecting to run to many multi parts.When i asked why there are 10 parts and 80 voice poly ( upto) advertised they had no reply.They are con artists who created a synth with huge design flaws , no dsp managment and who have spent a good few years now blaming it on ' bugs ' .Its not a bug . the machine doesnt have enough dsp power for its ' retail ' status./IT WAS ONE BIG CON ACT calling this multi part and 80 note poly .I personally found acces helpfull but decietfull , it was odvious they knew what i was getting at and odvious they knew the error was bad dsp programming and an under powered cpu but they kept focusing on me as the problem and user error .I hope they go bust and i am pretty sure they will oneday , they ahve no soul doing this to people and misleading people into buying this for multi part work knowing ( AS THEY DO ) that the machine is faulty.
Old 02.08.2009, 10:43 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

[quote=enfield;292323]I've read quite a few more 'clear' posts here and in different forums than the first(which seems to be a performance issue), about "you can't use all 16 parts because the DSPs simply can not do that work". Is it true?

yes , my virus ti mk1 couldnt do 5 parts and simple midi data , seriously i was shocked , ive tried others , some seem better ? weird , some are worse , some os are better in some and worse in others.I think access covered up some huge hardware messup myself and i wonder , does the ti 2 have a more powerfull cpu ? i bet it does
Old 03.08.2009, 08:37 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post

I remember Digital Screams had to repeatedly keep sending his Virus KC back for some problem or another, though.
This needs to be put in context - It was Turnkey (music shop) that caused the problem. They kept shipping me 'new' units which were clearly customer returns or gigged b-stock. They were once the UK main distributor and Access then revoked it...within 2 years the company went bust...

I've bought other Virus's from a variety of distributors and have never had a hardware problem. In my mind the Virus is incredibly well built - the best.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....