Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.07.2009, 09:54 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Why did access design and sell the ti with problems ?

can someone tell me why access have been sellinga synth that when you try and use ' to many ' parts causes audio digital errors.Woudnt it have been sensible for access to program in a little bit of code that worked out the maxumum load on the cpu and which refuses to let you load patches in multi mode if the system thinks its maxed out >? instead you can happily overload this amchine using 4 parts and 10 midi notes easy and thats normal ? if it was normal voice stealing cool but jesus it causes all audio to go weird , thats a terrible design flaw and one access seem happy to sell.Can anyone here confirm they have run 16 parts on the virus without glitches and pops and clicks >?10 parts maybe ? 5 parts ? seriously this machine is faulty from factory and i have seen this in countless ti's , its nothing to do with os or usb , its to do with a company selling a synth they knew was flawed rather than going bust.
Old 30.07.2009, 11:20 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Why did access design and sell the ti with problems ?
Money....

Access isn't known for quality of their machines, but they are known for having synths capable of very nice sounds (except for bass).

Almost everyone I know personally with a Virus (previous to the TI series) has had to return it at some point for some kind of hardware failure - can't say that about Clavia that's for sure. None of these guys (including myself) has ever thought about buying the TI.

Still software was the strong point of Access and it seems that many people are having trouble with the software only, so Access should come good eventually unless they just concentrate purely on the TI2.

I guess all I can say to all of the people with the TIs (that are having trouble), good luck and I hope it's all fixed up soon for you guys.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 31.07.2009, 12:47 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell View Post
Money....

Access isn't known for quality of their machines, but they are known for having synths capable of very nice sounds (except for bass).

Almost everyone I know personally with a Virus (previous to the TI series) has had to return it at some point for some kind of hardware failure - can't say that about Clavia that's for sure. None of these guys (including myself) has ever thought about buying the TI.
Well, never needed to return any machine. Actually access is well known for quality. And I think this is true for most all users.

r
Old 31.07.2009, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Only problem I've had with my Indigo Virus was some of the pots were damaged slightly and wobbly (didn't affect usage), but this was due to the guy who sent it to me in the mail. The rest of it is built like a panzer. The OS has never locked up on me.

I remember Digital Screams had to repeatedly keep sending his Virus KC back for some problem or another, though.

Guess it's the same with other companies. With the Radias, for example, the older main jog dial they used was notorious for becoming glitchy and unusable (I believe they've since changed this component), and the volume pot on mine was also very crackly. But these are hardware.

The TI OS is extremely complex compared to earlier Viruses. I guess it's hard to find all functionality problems at first, but given time and feedback...

Gnome you should report the bug to Access so they can reproduce the bug and fix it.
Old 31.07.2009, 03:01 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I agree, report a bug if you have one, Access have very good customer service from my experience.
Old 31.07.2009, 03:29 PM
New here

I have owned a Virus A, Virus Indigo, Virus Redback, a TI Snow and a TI2 Polar. None of them have ever needed service.

As for Gnomes posts, you might want to check the manual about patch complexity. Since Access lets you do pretty much whatever you want with a patch, it is totally possible to eat up polyphony with just a few patches if they are real barn-burners.

k
Old 01.08.2009, 08:42 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I've read quite a few more 'clear' posts here and in different forums than the first(which seems to be a performance issue), about "you can't use all 16 parts because the DSPs simply can not do that work". Is it true? Is it really that easy to max out even Ti2? Hypersaw lead with unison and reverb + some fat bass and a pad? I know, it depends on patch complexity... But you probably want to use as many parts as you can out of 16 when you're sequencing a track, built around the sound character of the Virus

Last edited by enfield : 01.08.2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01.08.2009, 07:08 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell View Post
I dont agree with that statement, 90% of the patches Ive created are thunderous basses for Jungle/ breaks and Electrohouse.
Old 01.08.2009, 07:36 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
I dont agree with that statement, 90% of the patches Ive created are thunderous basses for Jungle/ breaks and Electrohouse.
Nor I. I have some patches that will rattle your teeth.

k
Old 01.08.2009, 11:09 PM

I'd be interested to hear some MP3 demos of those basses guys - I have never been able to coax huge bass out of the Virus. The closest I have come is by sampling it, then layering it, and finally running it back through itself, but it still just goes to mud all too quickly.

Oh and like I said, everyone I known personally with a Virus has had hardware issues. Whether it be simple jack mounts breaking to full failures.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut