Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.07.2009, 08:16 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Virus ti problems in multi mode - no usb

Hi , i recently bought a secondhand virus ti and have the latest os running ( beta ) after trying the 3.003 ( latest non beta ) In both os i get digital artifacts in audio when i run 4 or more parts in multi mode.I have tested my ti alongside a freinds and his does not do this running the same os and parts and sounds ? access say its os issues ?i have a feeling there are bad virus ti's in circulation ?

i have no usb connected and use the headphones as audio out and 1 midi cable in.??is this really a multi mode synth ?

Last edited by gnome : 29.07.2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 30.07.2009, 12:25 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default try version 2.75

it may be worth trying this
I remembered this to be very stable
Old 30.07.2009, 09:19 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
i get digital artifacts in audio when i run 4 or more parts in multi mode
duh. if you expect the virus to handle more than 3 moderately complex patches at once, you might be disappointed.

suggestion: you probably won't be tweaking all your stuff in realtime. if you have sounds that you don't fiddle around with while the virus is playing, just sample them.
Old 30.07.2009, 10:04 AM
New here

thanks for the tip , i will try this os version .The use of 3 parts on a 16 part multi mode synth and no more sounds alarming , i have been in touch with access and they kind of focused on voice stealing and said i should not expect it to run so much ? like 5 parts ? but they strangely didnt mention the digital clicks and noise ( maybe i worded the question wrong and indicated it was voice stealing issues i had ) seriously though , there are 5 multi mode parts and 17 midi notes in all in a 4 bar loop all playing same time ( no tweaking or automation ) and seriously this is one hell of a flaw , its sold as a 16 part 80 voice synth and from what i am seeing that could well be against the trading laws , i counted up my midi data , its 17 notes ! in 5 tracks and its not voice stealing like a normal synth , its voice stealing which destroys the audio data , as soon as you hit a certain load on the virus the machine glitches and digital artifacts appear in the sound ( via midi - no usb and via headphones or the units own audio outs ) using 5 parts and 17 midi notes ( at different times !!!!!!!!!!)i appreciate the work around is sample the individual parts but i bought the ti so i didnt have to do that and for quicker workflow , its multi mode features are one of its main selling points for many buyers and they seem highly defective and i am not sure this is o/s related , we will see.I will email and apologise if the older os works but why the hell should newer ones not ? its really lame on access part , really lame.Sorry for the rant and thanks for the help , its frustrating beyond belief when some people have issues and some dont and when access seem to be unable to admit its possible a hardware defect in some units or bad coding.Did anyone ever check to see if they ammended chips in different units at all over history ? or tweak the hardware ( which would account for some machines running one os fine and others not ) i am guessing one other issue is that some people dont use multi mode and so have no problems and some migt use just 2 mono parts and have no issues so some say the ti is fine and some dont.

If i dont get any joy i will upload the 5 midi parts and rom patch names and maybe others can test and post their findings and see if anyone else has my issues.Of course it could be my hardware but then i read an awefull lot of people syting multimode is flawed , glitches and defective -Voice stealing should do just that , cut out note data and sound in a normal monophonic way , not destroy the audio signal.

remain positive such a shame , what a beautifull sound.
Old 30.07.2009, 11:58 AM
New here

ok so 2.75 didnt remedy it , it made it worse , down to 3 multi parts - 4 midi notes at any one time.(Thanks for suggesting that anyway as its one less thing covered )same problem, same artifacts only maybe slightly louder ?weird.......i have a highly flawed ti here and my guess is they are not all like this.Can i ask anyone if they know if access upped the processor in the ti 2 ?
Old 30.07.2009, 08:30 PM
New here

ok so access have emailed and said it cant be fixed with any os update , its not my unit its a natural problem with the ti in multi mode , when it gets ' overloaded ' as they put it is doesnt just voice steal , it fucks up the audio outs apparantly just to let you know .Unbelievable , it was like ' hi its access support , yes your overloading your ti and so its doing this , no mention that its the only synth on the earth that when it voice steals it overloads to the point it destroys your audio or that its a design fault , why cant it just voice steal when it overloads or not allow you to load a patch in multi mode if its reached its limit of cpu ? where are the damn safe checks in the system ? , to many voices being used , i find it amazing.One ti sold and no way will i ever buy from them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
ok so 2.75 didnt remedy it , it made it worse , down to 3 multi parts - 4 midi notes at any one time.(Thanks for suggesting that anyway as its one less thing covered )same problem, same artifacts only maybe slightly louder ?weird.......i have a highly flawed ti here and my guess is they are not all like this.Can i ask anyone if they know if access upped the processor in the ti 2 ?
Old 02.08.2009, 10:46 PM
New here

well it was sold yesterday to someone who said he didnt use multimode and was well aware the ti does not work correctly in multimode.Sad as i liked its sound but needed multi mode , i can say hand on heart its the most defective synth i have owned in 20 years and i owned many old analogues and new gear . I cant beleive access sell that as an 80 voice 16part synth , amazing , i hadnt realised just how ruthless access was as a business.

[quote=gnome;292251]ok so access have emailed and said it cant be fixed with any os update ,