Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.02.2009, 08:58 PM
New here
New here

i have receive the ansmwer of access and we can't install the OS 2.7.5 with the TI2 only 2.7.6 or higer work properly but there are no 2.7.6 install release...

access tell me to use the OS3 and wait the final version ...
Old 03.02.2009, 09:03 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post

in any case, don't attempt to install 2.7.5. with the new Virus TI2 - it won't work! the TI2 range is simply not known to this older piece if software. it won't break anything but as i said, it won't work at the same time.

best, marc

Hi marc!

If the TI2 is intended to be used with OS3.0 then access should update the "www.virus.info/start" page that new owners are reffered to when installing the Virus for the first time. This page only got the OS 2.7.5.

This may help some new users

On the other hand, my OS3.0 wont find my TI2... hopefully the new update that you are reffering to might help

SK
Old 03.02.2009, 09:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkangaroo View Post
Hi marc!

If the TI2 is intended to be used with OS3.0 then access should update the "www.virus.info/start" page that new owners are reffered to when installing the Virus for the first time. This page only got the OS 2.7.5.

This may help some new users

On the other hand, my OS3.0 wont find my TI2... hopefully the new update that you are reffering to might help

SK
guess you're right ... thanks for the hint.

marc
Old 04.02.2009, 05:22 PM
New here
New here

Hi Marc & all,

although I'm not an expert, I have a hunch that trying to install OS 2.7.5. is not entirely safe on the TI2 and there definitely should be a clear warning that it is not compatible with the TI2...

I've spent the past 3 evenings trying to update the OS to 3.0. after initially trying the latest "non-beta" release. The 3.0 upgrade just failed to install time after time after time...

Before my last attempt, all the remote templates disappeared from the unit...
I was about to start re-packaging the TI2 to send it back, but decided to give the updater one final chance & to my surprise it completed!

Unfortunately I can't give any advice if anyone has similar problems. For me it was just a question of uninstalling and reinstalling everything about 30 times...

Anyway, I guess that the main thing for me is that I now seem to have a fully working TI2 with OS 3.0 beta and Virus Control syncs ok!
Old 05.02.2009, 05:00 PM
New here
New here

Hi again,

sorry, just noticed that the page www.virus.info/start already states the recommendation to use only the OS 3.0 beta for the TI2. Don't know if it was there when I posted my last post, since this was the first time I visited the page.

However, (if someone from Access is reading this) I'd recommend to state the same info also on the Access Music's main site (Access Music - Support - Downloads) at www.access-music.de
Currently there's no reference to the Virus TI2 except for the promo flash.

Old Virus users such as myself (I used to own a C model) will most probably use that address to grab the latest OS version. Currently are still no instructions for TI2 users there...

Over & out & enjoying my TI2... (Especially the tape delay variants, which bring a totally new sonic dimension to this synth!)

Cheers!