Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.04.2005, 06:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default TI Desktop or TI Keyboard?

Well with all this waiting around I?m starting to wonder weather I would be better off getting the Desktop or the Keyboard TI? Assuming it actually comes out and works that is.
Currently I have no keyboards at all. I will need something to control my software synths and also my hardware modules. Flexibility would be nice. I?m currently trying to decide weather I would be better to get the CME-UF8 controller and the Desktop TI. The price would be about the same and I would end up with a well made 88-key weighted MIDI controller. Are there any advantages to getting the Keyboard version? My rig will only see studio use
I plan on hooking the TI to a laptop sometimes so I can use its DSP power to run some VSTs separate from my DAW PC. It might be useful to have a keyboard controller plugged into my DAW while still having the TI Desktop connected to the laptop.
Does this setup sound like a good idea? What do you guys think?

Are any of you in a similar situation? What types of setups are you planning?
Old 13.04.2005, 04:17 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

hey derek

the desktop w/ controller option is worthy, but personally I want a TI kb in the middle of my setup acting as master.... anything else i purchase thereafter will be rackmounted (except maybe a DS Polyevolver)

either way you will be one happy camper

cheers

blay
Old 13.04.2005, 10:30 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

The virus keyboard is built by fatar and is a pleasure to use...and models with keys tend to have better resale value as a percentage of original purchase price. Get the keys if you can afford them...
Old 13.04.2005, 11:40 AM
Pro
Pro

The Virus keyboard is hands down the best keyboard I have ever played with.