Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.09.2005, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

In Germany, you don't release virus. Virus releases you!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 22.09.2005, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
BUT, to release it 11 months after it was initially promoted is very inefficient! Not very German!
LMFAO

Great call!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.09.2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
BUT, to release it 11 months after it was initially promoted is very inefficient! Not very German!
LMFAO

Great call!

well it seems they are finally going to come through with the goods...

cheers

blay
Old 12.10.2005, 01:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I?m thinking within the first month of the release of the TI, the new unofficial name will be the Access Virus PI (Partial Integration). You heard it first here folks.

As predicted the TI is released complete with bugs... They could have released it much earlier and by now all the bugs would be sorted out. Oh well I guess this just means I'll be able to pick one up cheap in a few months, once people get sick of the numerous little bugs.
Old 12.10.2005, 02:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Derek: I agree that the synth looks buggy(I'll get mine in a few hours, I'll post a complete review) but nothing seems to be too major. I don't believe that if they released a year ago all the bugs would have been sorted out...What do you think they have done in the past year? Sorting out bugs! heh

I'm afraid the release was a bit rushed...I'll see
Old 12.10.2005, 05:39 PM
Pro
Pro

The TI's usb1.1 connection just cannot work well enough because of the usb limitations. What makes it scary is that already the customers realized this. You don't even have to be an engineer. A professor at our university was just talking about if the R&D is done too fast, there will be lots of trouble and costs later and the whole product can die. It's access' luck that from the customer's view the reputation of the company is more important than the new product's specs. Now let's hope they will fix the OS soon and get rid of the annoying bugs. I still don't understand why they didn't use firewire. If I would have been in the TI R&D project, I would have burried alive the idea of usb in a machine like this.
Old 12.10.2005, 07:05 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations

Quote:
Derek wrote:
I?m thinking within the first month of the release of the TI, the new unofficial name will be the Access Virus PI (Partial Integration). You heard it first here folks.

As predicted the TI is released complete with bugs... They could have released it much earlier and by now all the bugs would be sorted out. Oh well I guess this just means I'll be able to pick one up cheap in a few months, once people get sick of the numerous little bugs.
Yes it is a bit buggy with the USB integration. However aside from that its a great board if you just use it with standard MIDI. I bought it for the sound, and there is nothing on the market quite as cool in my opinion. If they released it earlier who knows what kind of bugs it would have had. Its not like they havent been working on it this whole time.

Even if they never fix the current bugs I wouild still hold on to it till the end.
Logic 7.1.1
Old 12.10.2005, 08:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
You assume much, here. The current bugs are nothing more than teething-problems - an inevitability given the vast array of different systems out there, and the firmware itself is mostly very stable.

I predict you'll still have to save your pennies if you want one in a few months time..
Old 12.10.2005, 08:22 PM
Amateur
Amateur

I`ve deciced to get a new pair of monitors now instead of purchasing a Ti mostly down to the USB 1 and VirusControl integration problems. Perhaps if it was firewire my views would change. I`m hoping the next next virus, if there is one, will have firewire or it`s equivalent at the time.

Any comments on this monitoring system:

http://www.abluesky.com/p_s_gb/p3s1.html

Old 13.10.2005, 03:43 AM

Seems like they are geared towards to film sound industry....

Is this what you are into????

If not, I would go for something else. Whats your budget????

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60