Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.04.2005, 12:39 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Blay, I think you're the one making the most noise on here, it's ironic!
Im not shy. Kinda missed the irony bit - the same person thats pissed of about waiting an extra 5 months is the one making noise

Quote:
Personally I think you're full of bullshit too!
personally I like to call it 'quality crap'.

Quote:
You've absolutely no intention of buying a Evolver or NL2X, or KC even (without hindsight)!
Just received quotes on the above items and i am currently considering my options on different combinations - i have come to the realisation that i can afford a lead 2x rack, a polyevolver rack and a set of dynaudio bm5'as for the same price as the TI 8O You may be right - I may just well end up holding out for the TI - but dont question my conviction because it really has got to the point where i have to seriously consider my options. and if i had known it was going to take this long i wouldve definately acted differently back in nov...

Quote:
Please pipe down a little. Or put your money where your mouth is for that Evolver/NL2X combo (I'll put bets on that you wont). You want the Hypersaw and wavetables too much! (As do us all )
of course i want a ti. and as you say, i can get it once it has proven itself to be the synth access wants it to be...

i just need to work out whether i am prepared to make my music wait for another possible 3-6 months when i can invest in some *things* in the meantime and buy a TI later down the track.

but i appreciate your concern timo, thankyou
Old 20.04.2005, 01:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Quote:
Blay, I think you're the one making the most noise on here, it's ironic!
Im not shy. Kinda missed the irony bit - the same person thats pissed of about waiting an extra 5 months is the one making noise

Quote:
Personally I think you're full of bullshit too!
personally I like to call it 'quality crap'.

Quote:
You've absolutely no intention of buying a Evolver or NL2X, or KC even (without hindsight)!
Just received quotes on the above items and i am currently considering my options on different combinations - i have come to the realisation that i can afford a lead 2x rack, a polyevolver rack and a set of dynaudio bm5'as for the same price as the TI 8O You may be right - I may just well end up holding out for the TI - but dont question my conviction because it really has got to the point where i have to seriously consider my options. and if i had known it was going to take this long i wouldve definately acted differently back in nov...

Quote:
Please pipe down a little. Or put your money where your mouth is for that Evolver/NL2X combo (I'll put bets on that you wont). You want the Hypersaw and wavetables too much! (As do us all )
of course i want a ti. and as you say, i can get it once it has proven itself to be the synth access wants it to be...

i just need to work out whether i am prepared to make my music wait for another possible 3-6 months when i can invest in some *things* in the meantime and buy a TI later down the track.

but i appreciate your concern timo, thankyou
Blay, don't put your music on hold waiting for the TI. Sure on paper it's a great concept, but people have been making great song without TIs, so it can be done. Think of it this way, when you buy a drill you don't buy it because you want a drill... You buy it because you want holes. The drill is simply the means by which you get the holes.
Likewise when you say you want a TI, what you really want is a great song, not a great synth. I really could care less what synth I have; I just want my tracks to be wickedly good. I want people to tap their feet and want to dance when they hear my tunes; I want them to enjoy my music and have the satisfaction that I made something that I'm proud of.
The TI's sounds theoretically could inspirer you to come up with something new, but none of us have heard everything that is available today. That means there are lots of other tools out there that you can get today that could inspirer you.

You need to think of the TI as vapor-ware and move on. When/if it comes out, perhaps you can revisit it. Maybe it will be all you thought, maybe not. But in the meantime you will have the opportunity to write something great. Don?t sit around wasting your time doing nothing. Remember you can always sell whatever you buy and use the $$$ to get the TI later; but you can never get back the time you?ll waste waiting for the TI to materialize. Don?t waste your time and talent. I?m sure some here will think I?m crazy, but I?ve realized there are people that are into making music and then there are people that are into owning gear. You need to decide which you are.
It all comes back to drills and holes; do you want a drill or would a bag of holes be a better solution?
Old 20.04.2005, 02:06 PM

exactly the point i was trying to make derek...

...and very well said

cheers

blay
Old 20.04.2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

The problem is, you've waited this far... what will another month matter? But, will it be a month, or will it actually be another four months, or more... Without hindsight it's difficult to know.

It's a very hard choice. And you're not to blame, Blay. Access initially said this thing would be released in 2004. That's deceitful advertising, imho.

If it was a technical problem, we wouldn't think anything less of them - on the contrary - if they actually let us know the score. Many people have sold off and/or re-arranged their studios for the TI long ago.
Old 20.04.2005, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The problem is, you've waited this far... what will another month matter? But, will it be a month, or will it actually be another four months, or more... Without hindsight it's difficult to know.
indeed.

Quote:
It's a very hard choice.
it certainly is....

Quote:
And you're not to blame, Blay. Access initially said this thing would be released in 2004. That's deceitful advertising, imho.
the main reason im pissed off with this release. truly poor form.

cheers

blay
Old 20.04.2005, 02:47 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

There really is nothing wrong with waiting, so long as it's not preventing you from getting your music made; but if you sold your gear and have nothing but excuses from Access... YOU NEED TO MOVE ON!
I made that decision for myself a few days ago... I'm so glad I did. Yesterday I got home at 4:30pm and worked in my studio until past midnight, I had to get up for work the next day but I just couldn't pull myself away... It was great. As I type this my brain is bursting with ideas, I'm so pumped up about getting home and playing. I picked up a Motu Traveler for my laptop and should be getting NI Komplete 2 soon. I love my setup. I have more sounds than I know what to do with and I can make my music... Now, today! I don't miss the promise of the TI; I have my bag of holes... Really I didn't need the drill. Words cannot express how happy I am to be jamming again.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with waiting, but ONLY if waiting is not putting your ability to create music on hold.
Old 26.04.2005, 05:42 AM

ive heard elsewhere that access have already clocked up somewhere in the vicinity of 20 million euros worth of preorders. 8O

...and the genius of the access marketing team wins again.

cheers

blay