Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.04.2005, 04:21 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
RME Digiface is WAAAAYYYY more advanced. It can handle 52 channels of digital IO and has an onboard DSP with real time monitoring...
There again you think the mention of DSP suggests you can use it for what ever you plan. The RME DSP is for Summing and Routing only, even their Digicheck software (anylisers, etc) uses Native CPU.

I agree that the Offical blurbs on the TI point out all the differences to the C and don't talk about it in the sense that some people who were just born might not grasp what the TI is exactly... It's a synth.
Old 14.04.2005, 12:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
Quote:
RME Digiface is WAAAAYYYY more advanced. It can handle 52 channels of digital IO and has an onboard DSP with real time monitoring...
There again you think the mention of DSP suggests you can use it for what ever you plan. The RME DSP is for Summing and Routing only, even their Digicheck software (anylisers, etc) uses Native CPU.

I agree that the Offical blurbs on the TI point out all the differences to the C and don't talk about it in the sense that some people who were just born might not grasp what the TI is exactly... It's a synth.
I know it a synth... But Access also claims the TI is the most advanced laptop interface ever. I just don't see how it is. It's a synth with a few bells and whistles... That's it. I don't need the extra inputs; I could really care less about audio streaming. So what does that leave? VST and the synth engine. The real advantage to VST is to make up for a poor hardware user interface. I understand you can't even program the arpeggiator directly from hardware. Anyway that leaves the synth engine, and that is the only thing that will now convince me that the TI is worth the $$$. If it's absolutely amazing I will happily part with my money. If it is anything less they can keep their TI.

You may feel differently. Perhaps the synth engine is less important, if you really need those inputs.
Old 14.04.2005, 02:02 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
The real advantage to VST is to make up for a poor hardware user interface.
I personally think that the "Total Integration" aspect of the synth is, potentially, a great feature because you should no longer have to manually call up presets when opening up a song. It also appeals to people who use vst's and like the on screen editing capabilities. Personally that is one of the things i'm looking forward to is having the opportunity to fine tune parameters on screen.
Old 14.04.2005, 02:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Access also claims the TI is the most advanced laptop interface ever. I just don't see how it is.
Well to me, IT IS!
You don't even need an external soundcard...
LAPTOP+TI connected via USB = complete mobile studio ready to take on the road. TI acts as an audio and midi interface. You can run like 16 patches routed to 2 or 3 stereo outputs without cpu usage. Then, every part you wanna use another synth than the virus, you just change the vst output and render. It's such an efficient way to manage your ressources, I'm so looking forward to it to improve my workflow.

There is also the fact that I won't have to do dumps everytime I load and save a project, etc. I'm always working on 3-4 projects so this is convenient.