Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.04.2005, 05:44 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Cancelling you're pre-order wont do shit. It will take as long as it takes, nothing you do whatsoever will make it one bit faster and its pathetic to think otherwise.
...the bottom line.

all this will achieve is let others move one-ahead on the waiting list...

go ahead and cancel. all of you. i let you know how good it is when mine arrives in 2006

cheers

blay
Old 10.04.2005, 01:32 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default cancel

I would be surprised if after all this time Access had not managed to catch up with the hardware requirements. I don't see much reason why there should be a significant shortage when it is finally available.
Old 10.04.2005, 03:24 PM
Pro
Pro

I cancelled my pre-order and used some of the money to buy a Waldorf Q, liked it but not very user friendly so I sold it again on Ebay for the same price and am now waiting for an XT to arrive. This way you get to mess around with other synths until Access sort themselves out, you're still making tunes and learning. When they do release the Ti I'm sure I'll flog my interim synth again on Ebay and get one - that's provided I haven't fallen in love with it, but at least I won't have been sitting on my arse doing nothing in the meantime. I suggest to use this time in a positive way by learning other synths and seeing what's out there.

Derek, I've done my homework, for half the price of a Lotus Elise (UK price) you can have all of these:

1) Omega 8
2) Hartmann Neuron
3) Ti Keyboard
4) Original Minimoog
5) Blindingly fast PC and 19 inch TFT screen
6) Creamware Pulsar soundcard
7) Sherman Filter Bank
A copy of rebirth (optional)
Old 10.04.2005, 11:11 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
Thats a pretty crap analogy. Gender opression is slightly different from a product release especially when this happens to pretty much every piece of new technology released these days.
thats irrelevant. the point is nobody got anywhere or achieved anything by thinking: 'fuck it. whats the point?'
Old 11.04.2005, 08:21 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Its totally relevant. Different situations require different actions. Do you really think a few gimps from this forum cancelling their pre-orderes will make access think 'OH MY GOD, LOOK, PEOPLE ARE CANCELLING THIER PRE-ORDERS, ALL 11 OF THEM. Quick lets recruit more staff and work 12 hour shifts to remedy this catastrophic situation' lol

They have already said they will take as long as it takes, like every other software/hardware release in this day and age. Yea its a pisser but there is FUCK ALL anyone on this board can do to change it, especially with little pissy fit protest by cancelling their pre-order.

ten
Old 11.04.2005, 11:36 AM

Its clear to see that those who've pre-ordered are more frustrated than those who havent. Its part of the mentality of wanting things...now now now baby! I think we've got to reducate ourselves...like the Jamaicans do...

Da weed will come when de sun is shinin'

OK....so the Ti will come....one day..

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 11.04.2005, 12:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Oh I have pre-ordered DS from Digital Village. Im also STILL waiting for the new tyan motherboard for my new DAW that was supposed to be out last week December!!!!.

Emailing Tyan and cancelling my pre-order wont do shit tho. They will just laugh and allocate it to someone else like Access will with these TI pre-order cancelling people. They wont bat an eyelid. It will take however long it takes to make it work how they want it to, and not a minute sooner. As I said its shit waiting, I cant fucking stand it but I will accept it as thats how things are, they wont change and certainly not from some muppets on here cancelling their pre-orders in protest. Access arnt doing this for fun, they want it out the door as fast as we do, probably faster but its unavoidable now, and its time some people just accept it. If you want to cancel and get something else fine, but dont be a child and do it to make some kind of totally pointless statement.

ten
Old 11.04.2005, 12:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Access arnt doing this for fun, they want it out the door as fast as we do, probably faster
Never a truer word was spoken. Besides, it's not Access that have taken these pre-orders, it's the dealers..
Old 11.04.2005, 01:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
I cancelled my pre-order and used some of the money to buy a Waldorf Q, liked it but not very user friendly so I sold it again on Ebay for the same price and am now waiting for an XT to arrive. This way you get to mess around with other synths until Access sort themselves out, you're still making tunes and learning. When they do release the Ti I'm sure I'll flog my interim synth again on Ebay and get one - that's provided I haven't fallen in love with it, but at least I won't have been sitting on my arse doing nothing in the meantime. I suggest to use this time in a positive way by learning other synths and seeing what's out there.

Derek, I've done my homework, for half the price of a Lotus Elise (UK price) you can have all of these:

1) Omega 8
2) Hartmann Neuron
3) Ti Keyboard
4) Original Minimoog
5) Blindingly fast PC and 19 inch TFT screen
6) Creamware Pulsar soundcard
7) Sherman Filter Bank
A copy of rebirth (optional)
I know but the Elise is sooooo much fun to drive... It's my therapy, after a crappy day I jump in an go for a spin and return with a HUGH grin on my face.

As for Access's comment on the TI release... TBH it just shows that they are being unrealistic with their expectations. Have any of you every heard of a hardware / software product with anywhere close to the level of complexity of the TI being released and working fine in every setup on the 1.00 version?
There is always an update or two needed before things start to work correctly.

Of course anything is possible; perhaps the TI will work because Access is secretly using some type of advanced alien technology... But what are the odds of that?

Bottom line, Access will delay and delay the release to get it perfect. Then when it is released it will work "mostly" for some users and not work usably for others. I'm sure if used strictly as a keyboard it will work fine, but that VST side will be tricky and I think most here realize all the problem will not be put to rest until it is released and the users have a chance to report the bugs to Access.

Access must know this. So that means they can?t even get it to work with the limited amount of configurations that the beta testers are using. I predict a huge mess when the TI is finally released. There really are no two setups that are totally identical. There will always be something a little different; maybe a different sound card or video card. Different chips sets on the system board. The point is that until the TI is released to the public beta testing will never be over. All the talk about releasing a perfect version 1.00 TI is dangerous, because it builds an unrealistic expectation; and after all these delays people will not be happy when it turns out that version 1.00 is just as buggy as all version 1.00?s are.

Hey Access? When your users are freaking out because version 1.00 doesn?t work remember this? YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF.
Old 11.04.2005, 02:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Good points. I for one, though will be more than happy to use it in ala old style virus recording the audio live until they sort any problems out with the TI software..... I just want the new bloody features (and a midi keyb

ten