Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.04.2005, 02:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
ben crosland: There wasnt really any "NEW flagship product from Access last year, so it makes sense that they werent there last year.!
Trade shows are, first and foremost, there to attract orders from distributors and dealers - hence the name 'trade show'. Now that the internet provides such an effective means of raising awareness of a new product, a lot of these dealers aren't even bothering to go to Frankfurt and most of the European distributors go to NAMM anyway.
Old 08.04.2005, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
Ben do you have any heads up on what stage of Beta testing they are in, are they coming close to the end of testing or still have quite a while?
I'm afraid I can't comment on such matters. One thing I can tell you for certain though - shipping day is one day nearer than it was yesterday
Old 08.04.2005, 04:02 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Access released the B-series at Frankfurt Messe, and also the C series at the Messe when it came along. Made sense, seeing as they're German/European, and it's a local venue.
Old 08.04.2005, 04:45 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
I'm afraid I can't comment on such matters. One thing I can tell you for certain though - shipping day is one day nearer than it was yesterday
Ah... Ha.... So there IS a set shipping date. Until now, that statement wouldn't have been a true statement. For all we knew, the shipping date kept slipping back, back, back with each day that passed.
Old 08.04.2005, 04:53 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
Ben do you have any heads up on what stage of Beta testing they are in, are they coming close to the end of testing or still have quite a while?
This is a typical Access response. You have managed to write two sentences that tell us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Old 08.04.2005, 05:12 PM

Who cares when the TI comes? Its going to come sometime.....

We should all just relax....its bad for your health hehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 08.04.2005, 05:18 PM

I was just reading in another thread about people who are cancelling their pre-orders. Well whats the point of that? Are you really going to spend ?1000+ on a synth thats kinda 2nd best. You'll most likely kick yourself for being impatient when the TI finally does arrive. So we're all in this unfortunate position of having to wait......and wait. But hey...I suppose there are worse things in life than getting stressed over set backs. Ive just been to a funeral of a friend.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 08.04.2005, 05:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Exactly DS. Its a complete shitter and Access are taking the piss totally but I wouldnt even think about cancelling either 1) to make a statement (that will achieve FUCK all) 2) to buy some crappy half arsed cheaper kit that will amuse me for about 5 mins and wont be even remotely close to the TI.

Sit it out, bitch on here a bit, watch some pr0n. It will come soon enough

ten
Old 08.04.2005, 05:58 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Its weird.....but from what ive heard of the V-synth I havent been too impressed. Having said that (and here comes the contradiction!)...am interested in the new 'user-friendly' D50 update. Now that could really rock. Anyone tried it yet?

DS
I have the D50 card !

But the V-synth is better. The D50 presets are a bit "old" now. But still usable though.
Old 08.04.2005, 07:35 PM
New here
New here

I take back what I said in my last post about cancelling my pre order. Thank you DS for putting things back into perspective, you are so right! I really appreciate your cool head. I just went to the local dealer and found out I'm #1 on the waiting list. I just need to be more patient. Seems I continually have to teach myself that valuable lesson. Why in the world agonize over something I have no control over? There's more to life than waiting.
Virus Indigo,Virus C desktop,pre-ordered Virus TI keyboard,Elektron Machinedrum,Elektron Monomachine,Korg ER-1,Nord Rack 2x,20inch imac G5,Ableton Live 4,M-audio firewire 410,KRK Rockit 5s,Velodyne SUB,ancient Korg KMX 8 mixer