Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.03.2005, 01:00 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
But seriously.......good on you for believing in something that makes you so happy. I think im in need of some of that too.
Thanks... As you can hear in the music streaming on my site, my music is very keyboard oriented. Lately, my compositions are taking on more of a Euro-Tech influence. Hence, the purchase of my Virus TI.
Old 11.03.2005, 04:17 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyRC

Waiting patiently... well, uh, er, um.... not really... I find myself searching the web everyday to see if anyone heard of any new shipping news.
same boat except im number 8
Old 12.03.2005, 09:49 PM
This forum member lives here

Lets have some real info on shipping.....no more disinformation. We all learnt a lesson from that twat DIGITAL SCREAMS about saying things which just weren't true.....eeeermmm

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 13.03.2005, 11:14 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Hello EnjoyRC. I see your a religious guy...into christian rock music? Checked out your website....very nice. Seriously, there are a few round here who need saving
Old 13.03.2005, 09:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekkon@digilog
Quote:

Waiting patiently... well, uh, er, um.... not really... I find myself searching the web everyday to see if anyone heard of any new shipping news.
same boat except im number 8
I'm in the top 5 or 10 for a desktop!! Really want the Polar or KB now
Old 13.03.2005, 09:50 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
I guess people really are cancelling their orders due to being tired of waiting. When they called me the other day, they looked it up and now I'm #9. They're receiving 22 keyboards in their first shipment. I'd say I'm pretty certain I'll get one out of the first shipment.
Old 13.03.2005, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
I guess people really are cancelling their orders due to being tired of waiting. When they called me the other day, they looked it up and now I'm #9. They're receiving 22 keyboards in their first shipment. I'd say I'm pretty certain I'll get one out of the first shipment.
Im just wandering RC....the Virus sound doesnt seem like it would fit nicely in a Christian rock/electro outfit. Are you planning on targetting the Christian industrial/metal scene???

P.S nice lookin site

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 14.03.2005, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
Im just wandering RC....the Virus sound doesnt seem like it would fit nicely in a Christian rock/electro outfit. Are you planning on targetting the Christian industrial/metal scene???

P.S nice lookin site
i was thinking the same thing.. however, i produce ambient/new-age style stuff, and one of the things i am looking for the most is beautiful and flexible padsounds.. as i understand the virus is excellent for this purpose, and hence i think it would be suitable in most genres of music. for industrial style tracks the virus might be exceptionally good, but i hope its also good enough for just about any genre if used correctly.

am i right or way off?

.xerxes
Old 14.03.2005, 08:21 AM

The Virus does nice pads.....we all know this. However, personally I prefer the pad sounds that come out of a Korg Wavestation and Roland JD800.

The JD800 is especially great at ambient stuff:

Ambient pad

Ambient Strings

Hell.....if its good enough for JMJ and Vangelis then its good enough for you!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 14.03.2005, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Veteran

The Wavetable oscillators add an entirely new dimension to the Virus' pad-making abilities - and at the risk of sounding like a stuck record, the fact you can blend them with Hypersaws as well means you can achieve some really lovely textures that are both very digital/cold and fuzzy/warm all at the same time