Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.02.2008, 12:39 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default WorkFlow With Virus Control and DAW

I am a new virus Ti Desktop user with Logic 8. My question is what workflow do you guys use to record and place effects on your tracks. Obviously there are 16 midi tracks but only 4 audio streams. The thoughts i had where that i can record all my tracks through midi and then solo a track to bounce it down and then through effects on it. I know some people have used the multi-out of the plugin to create 1 stereo and 2 mono for the tracks and then used some effects live. So, My question remains... How do you guys work with the Virus and virus control to record and also to add effects...

Thanks

Mike
Old 07.04.2008, 11:25 AM
New here
New here

I'm too interested in the workflow you guys have. Any thought?
Old 07.04.2008, 03:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

no need to bounce. go into vc and change the part's output to analogue out. cerate a new audio track in logic, change input to where virus' analogue outs are and record the part right into logic. then, change the VC part to usb out and mute it so its there when u need to rerecord it. this only works when u have the ti connected both with USB and analogue outs, otherwise u need to bounce it.
i generally try to make all the parts in the vc fit well in the mix with no bouncing using only 2 ubs outs. so i'll use ti's build in effects, eq and panning to get the parts to sound just right. with 2.7 and 3 outs i'll prabobly never bounce/record parts, unless i'll want to put some weird effect on it or manipulate the audio file.
adrian.